Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Need Help In Choosing Alloys

NEED4SPEED

I'm going for a set of 17"s for my MR2 any recommendations or thoughts to what direction to go for a good set of alloys. What designs are best?

:rolleyes:

Great minds think alike, im buying 17s end of this month too even on my crappy pay thanks to this site http://www.topgear.co.uk. Normally i wouldnt suggest buying things on credit but these guys say you pay 25% upfront and pay the rest interest free over the next 6 months. I'm gonna call em today to get a quote etc. Their prices seem slightly higher (£10-20) than competition but for me its the only choice i got! They seem pretty decent.

Oh and at the moment im tied between the Wolfrace Mantis and Asia-tec Warrior Shadows!

Thats excellent! The site is very helpful - WHAT A CHOICE! :D

I'd suggest 2nd hand .. there is no way alloys should cost a grand ..

i agree. you would be gutted if you curbed them :crybaby:

what about eBay? Just be really careful what you buy

try http://cars.potn.com/default.php/cPath/1 my m8 just got a set of 17's for his focus and they look mint, would look better on MR2

imbk604chrome.jpg

BK Racing - BK604 - 17 inch set of 4 wheels & tyres Black Stainless Chrome POTN Price:

£699.00

inc VAT

Or Arospeed wheels as they gonna big pretty big soon as most cars from new F+F film are gonna be wearing them http://cars.potn.com/default.php/cPath/1_5

Email sales@urban-racing.com for a price on Arospeed wheels as they do them cheaper and are sound lads, say Craig told ya about them :P

just got a quote with topgear for wolfrace mantis. (Theyre out of stock on all asia-tec!! :( ), the total comes to about £840! The alloys cost about £610 i think, wheel nuts £25, delivery £25 and theres a finance cost of £30, all very well. The bulk of the extra cost comes cos i said i wanted 235 at the back, think its a fair bit cheaper with just 225s so ill check again next week.

I believe most of the 17" wheel packages are around £700 - £850, unless for example you go for a set of Kahns or better tyres etc...then you get a quote over a grand! :angry:

Might go for the OZ Hydra with a 215/40/17 at front and a 235/40/17 for about £750 mind you that is with budget tyres. I think the tyres were and don't quote me on this but it sounded like 'Mecanams' not sure though. If I went for a TOYO it would cost a further £140 added to the £750. <_<

I believe most of the 17" wheel packages are around £700 - £850, unless for example you go for a set of Kahns or better tyres etc...then you get a quote over a grand! :angry:

Might go for the OZ Hydra with a 215/40/17 at front and a 235/40/17 for about £750 mind you that is with budget tyres. I think the tyres were and don't quote me on this but it sounded like 'Mecanams' not sure though. If I went for a TOYO it would cost a further £140 added to the £750. <_<

don't go with the OZ Hydras mate... really bad wheels...

*cough*

Really? Have you heard bad stories on them? I still haven't decided fully though so I'm still open to opinions. What I'm looking for is quite a flat face design with 5 or 6 legs maybe, something quite sharp but not over the top as the rest of the car is standard. Any ideas? :blink:

He's only saying they are bad, cause he has them too ..

Couldn't tell on the pictures as he looks like he has a set of Kahn's. :rolleyes:

Check out the wheels on my car, computer generated of course :drool:

f7bf4f70.jpg

He's only saying they are bad, cause he has them too ..

I wouldnt curse myself though :D

:thumbsup: This is not a problem.

Thanks to whoever I got the Rogue website from as they are in my home town and am paying them a visit tomorrow, thought I might put my wallet on a diet and loose a few pounds, cause lets face it when I leave there it will look like Kate Moss! :lol:

Bought mine with 17's already on, they look just about right. I can't believe that some MR2's only came with 14's, lol!

i ordered me new wheels yesterday should be here on wednesday will post a pic when there on it.

I'd suggest 2nd hand .. there is no way alloys should cost a grand ..

I agree. Paid £400 for mine, came with tyres that were as good as new (still on the car) and there was barely a mark on the alloys :thumbsup:

Would love a set of white Momo GT's though, would look stunning on my car B)

Going for used wheels would be a cheaper option, but I have found especially for MR2's there is not much choice and there are hardly any available. Unless anyone can enlighten me? <_<

If you are looking for some nice jap spec alloys try

www.rarerims.co.uk

i think 17inch alloys look over the top on a mr2 it makes it look like a jeep.

go for 15 or 16 inch

loads better, less road noise

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links