Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris used car prices have really gone up

jm89

This time last year i checked on webuyany car and they were offering around £9-10k for my 2016 auris, i checked today it's over £13k! Same thing happening with private seller prices.

Getting really tempted to sell, but then again don't want to enter the madness of the used car market right now as would need to replace it with something else...

Prices of all used cars have increased. Partly due to the chip shortage Covid, etc, reducing new vehicle production, leading to increased waiting times for delivery, more demand for used cars, and so on. 

At the end of the day most people selling their car, only to end up buying another used car will be no better off as they will be subject to paying the increased prices, etc, etc

• Like 4

Only make sense to sell and buy new or nearly new on offer if anything available straight away, or if you are about giving up driving. Used car market is a madness now and prices are stupidly high. 

Yeah it's crazy - My work mate made a surprise killing - He had to get rid of his diesel Jetta ahead of the impending ULEZocalypse, and previously he'd only been getting quotes of around £700 because so many Londoners are getting rid of their diesels, but WBAC took it off him for something like £2000!!

The fact that an undesirable diesel could be worth so much just shows how ridiculous the current situation is... If it's like this now smeg only knows what it'll be like in 2030 - If I had the money I'd buy up a few Yaris GR4's and see how much they go for after then :laugh: 

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Yeah it's crazy - My work mate made a surprise killing - He had to get rid of his diesel Jetta ahead of the impending ULEZocalypse, and previously he'd only been getting quotes of around £700 because so many Londoners are getting rid of their diesels, but WBAC took it off him for something like £2000!!

The fact that an undesirable diesel could be worth so much just shows how ridiculous the current situation is... If it's like this now smeg only knows what it'll be like in 2030 - If I had the money I'd buy up a few Yaris GR4's and see how much they go for after then :laugh: 

Ice cars will go up in value until government decides to shut the garages and petrol becomes only available at small quantities for specific purposes, classic car shows or something similar, just buy Jerry can of 20ltr from Amazon for your Saturday race, that’s it., one order per person only!  🤭

I would think that fuel - whether it is petrol, diesel, etc - will still be available for quite a few years - certainly for the military. Can't imagine many electric charger points being available on or near to a battlefield.

54 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

I would think that fuel - whether it is petrol, diesel, etc - will still be available for quite a few years - certainly for the military. Can't imagine many electric charger points being available on or near to a battlefield.

Nope, they'll both hold a truce while they re-charge their tanks and weapons etc. Battle will re-commence and if our batteries aren't flat before the opposition we would then kill them or vice versa! Lol! We really need to invest in Battery technology! James.

12 hours ago, jm89 said:

This time last year i checked on webuyany car and they were offering around £9-10k for my 2016 auris, i checked today it's over £13k! Same thing happening with private seller prices.

Getting really tempted to sell, but then again don't want to enter the madness of the used car market right now as would need to replace it with something else...

Mine last year was £9.500 with 33k. Now 12k with 36k. Only good though if can find something new, as used cars are a mad price! James.

They certainly don't want my 1996 Volvo 940 low pressure turbo with 206k though at £150! Scruffy turbo ones are £500-£1000 upwards. 

We will still use ICE for the next 30 years.  The gas and fuel price spike is temporary but electrification and hybrid are still the future.  At this moment, hybrid is still cheaper to run,  buy, and keep for 15 years. BEV is like cheap cellphone,  when Battery died,  we dispose it. But people still replace hybrid Battery because its only 1/10 price of BEV Battery.  

The used car prices generally have also increased for more than two years in a row in Sweden. The main reason is the almost three to four  times increase in road tax for new petrol driven cars, a drive to force people to go electric. Auris from 2015 or 2016 with 1.2T engine can cost up to 13 to 14 thousand euro.

Used car prices are out of reality now. New Yaris hybrid cost £20000 one year old is £19450 😂👌

I might check on WBAC to see what my 2009 Auris is worth. 

The used car market is ridiculous at the moment, so expensive. 😂

They have, they have. 

I just poisted a new thread in the Auris Forum if anyone is selling their excel with 8k or less on the clock?

Many thanks

Rob

On 9/19/2021 at 12:26 PM, jm89 said:

I’ve got a 2016 Auris Excel Hybrid with 16k on it. (It had just over 10k on in back in April) I did a valuation yesterday at WBAC just out of interest. No plan to sell though.

😮 Mines gone UP in value by £1500 since the end of April (when I bought it from AvailableCar.com) I have NEVER had that happen to any other used car I’ve owned.

Crazy.

• Like 1

I was surprised Tesla has offered me £11435 for my 6 year old TS, as it's the basic business edition (AC/SATNAV/ heated front seats).

After having driving 3 hybrids over the last 6 years, I have decide to go full electric. All this E10 and panic buying carry on, has helped make my mind up.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Anthony Poli said:

I was surprised Tesla has offered me £11435 for my 6 year old TS, as it's the basic business edition (AC/SATNAV/ heated front seats).

After having driving 3 hybrids over the last 6 years, I have decide to go full electric. All this E10 and panic buying carry on, has helped make my mind up.

Too soon for EV in my opinion. You might be queuing now for petrol but that is temporary. Searching for a charge point when you go on holiday would do my head in. Ok that will change in the future, but how much in the future. Technology, particularly Battery technology, is moving fast in EV, give it couple years and the 10 min/80% charge days will be common. But buy now and you stuck with todays technology, what will you get when you go to part ex. Too soon now by at least 2 years, maybe 3.

• Like 6

I mostly agree - If you don't ever go on long drives and have a garage/driveway and can afford to put in a home charger, then EVs are a good if expensive option.

My requirements are still unchanged - Yaris-sized/sub-4m long and 300 miles minimum at 70mph. I'm less optimistic about how long it'll take to get there - I'm estimating 10 years given the current rate of Battery improvement (Which has been disappointingly small...)

I did read about lithium sulphur-sugar batteries recently tho' which show some promise, but time to market will not be any time soon...

• Like 1

Evs are great but not for everyone. Here I have an excellent electric car and perhaps the most efficient due to its Prius like shape but not suitable for me at all, even with full Battery I will be going out with range anxiety. Other options like Tesla and Vw Volvo etc that have longer range might be ok however for how long they will be ok if I charge and discharge the Battery 5 times a week from 100% to 10% , in cold weather batteries are dropping range like crazy, 300miles easily turns half of it. , ice cars like Toyota hybrids will loose as well but not as much as half plus after 11 years of use with higher usage for the last 3 years 50k miles per year the Auris hybrid still returns the same mpg as it was brand new, that’s a good results imo, where most Evs from that age can not get even to the 70% of its original range, many are even well under these numbers. I believe this issue will create a big used car problems and ice cars as used will go even higher in price , Toyota hybrids might be Best Buy now and for the next few years or until technology improve or other source of energy it’s found. This car is  highly recommended to any Prius Corolla owner who thinks about switching to full ev. It’s an old style electric car configuration with great efficiency and good price. Very useful connected services too. 👍 38kw/h Battery, 170miles real world range and over 5m/kWh consumption. 😉🔋

C8C77C5A-B199-4803-8D1E-CB3A2B6FD026.jpeg

I’m sorry if gave people the wrong impression, I was just saying that I was surprised that the value of the car now, against what I paid  secondhand, meant that I didn’t loose as much the previous Auris after three years of ownership. 

Previously you got offered less than what you saw on the internet valuation sites. 

covid seems to have caused a rise in people buying cars. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ev's are still too soon.

I was on holiday in Scotland a few weeks back, in a large service station, there were two charge points and one was out of order (quite common) and a queue for the one left.

The attached hotel had 8 Tesla charge points all empty.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ATF1979 said:

Ev's are still too soon.

I was on holiday in Scotland a few weeks back, in a large service station, there were two charge points and one was out of order (quite common) and a queue for the one left.

The attached hotel had 8 Tesla charge points all empty.

Where was this hotel?

Maybe going up to Scotland myself next year. 

I was watching shmee take his Taycan on a trip to germany and it's really shocking how badly maintained the EV infrastructure is here, compared to the rest of Europe. When he was here he had to try several chargers before finding one that worked, and that made him worried about how the rest of the trip would go, but as soon as he crossed the channel bam every charger he hit worked and at high speeds too! Then as soon as he gets back here, first charger he gets to doesn't work.

It's just not good enough...!

I wonder what qualifications you need to be a charging point maintenance man? I suspect they will be in demand if such a high number of these things are always broken!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links