Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting in a double Din on 2007 Aygo

GBs

Hi

Has anyone changed there factory radio to a new double din one. I have bought the fascia but am wondering if I need to buy an ISO wiring harness to use to connect to the new double din stereo? I am new to this and wondered exactly what i would need to be able to connect a double din to the exisiting wires in the car? 

I cannot find a wiring harness for the Aygo? Can you please send links of the things I would need? As I say I am not that clued up on these things.

Neither am I but, I just Googled Aygo Double Din Stereo and lots of videos and data comes up.  Loads on Aliexpress.

You just need to do a wee bit of research and I'm sure someone else will also chip in with some more info.

There will be loads of UK stereo companies that will tell you exactly every item you need.  Try caraudiocentre.co.uk or caraudiodirect.co.uk.....there are loads and they are the experts.

Good luck.

I did a bit of research on this:

1.  You do not need any ISO wiring harness for this.  The stuff comes with your NEW head unit will be enough.  If you bought some cheap Head Unit, you might have to cut the existing cables to back of the stock unit and attach the cable one by one.  In this case, it is a good idea to buy additional wiring with plugs (unless you are willing to cut and solder to the original cables in the car).  

2. The wires on the back of the stock head unit comes in 3 sets of plugs:  One for Radio signal (which you'll probably have to buy an adapter), One for Speakers and one for Power/Memory/Ground.  Don't worry, they only fit in one way.  So you can't mix them up.

3. In order to fit a double din, you might have to CUT away some plastics. (see the video below)

4. The most important thing is the size of the double din.  Most double din fascia can only accommodate head unit with a maximum size of  178mm by 102mm.  So if you bought something bigger?  Good luck.

On 9/20/2021 at 8:53 PM, BobbyMcLeish said:

Neither am I but, I just Googled Aygo Double Din Stereo and lots of videos and data comes up.  Loads on Aliexpress.

You just need to do a wee bit of research and I'm sure someone else will also chip in with some more info.

There will be loads of UK stereo companies that will tell you exactly every item you need.  Try caraudiocentre.co.uk or caraudiodirect.co.uk.....there are loads and they are the experts.

Good luck.

Thanks, I contacted one company who was not sure and wants me to send a picture of the connections

On 9/21/2021 at 1:37 AM, Vandals01 said:

I did a bit of research on this:

1.  You do not need any ISO wiring harness for this.  The stuff comes with your NEW head unit will be enough.  If you bought some cheap Head Unit, you might have to cut the existing cables to back of the stock unit and attach the cable one by one.  In this case, it is a good idea to buy additional wiring with plugs (unless you are willing to cut and solder to the original cables in the car).  

2. The wires on the back of the stock head unit comes in 3 sets of plugs:  One for Radio signal (which you'll probably have to buy an adapter), One for Speakers and one for Power/Memory/Ground.  Don't worry, they only fit in one way.  So you can't mix them up.

3. In order to fit a double din, you might have to CUT away some plastics. (see the video below)

4. The most important thing is the size of the double din.  Most double din fascia can only accommodate head unit with a maximum size of  178mm by 102mm.  So if you bought something bigger?  Good luck.

Hi many thanks, so basically the connectors at the back will fit a good DD stereo? As Halfords and another car company in London cannot find a adaptor wiring harness for te Argo, even though Halfords sell the fascia plate

Yes, they tend to do that, so that they are positive on what to sell you.  Try a few others !!

I actually did it in my Aygo (2009 one), it is quite simple
if you don't want to cut the original cables, try to find adaptators (toyota to 2Din), 
Also, look where your antenna calbe comes, it was to short so i solederd another cable to make it reach the port ( you might need an adaptor, i needed one for mine but i went the cheap alexpress radio way)

WARNING, you don't have much space behind the radio so if your 2Din is big you might have to cut things
I went with a 9.7inch one you can find on aliexpress, it fits without needing to cut the plastics inside the car

hope this helps 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links