Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota auris 1.4 d4d 2007 starting problems

Eamonnp

I have this intermittent problem where on occasions, whether the car is hot or cold, it's happened quite a few times while getting diesel out of the blue. I would press the clutch and turn the ignition, security light would switch off but not a sound from the starter. Sometimes after fiddling about, locking/unlocking it would come back and start but it will always start if I give it the tiniest of a push while in gear. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? Thought initially it was the immobilizer but I don't think so. Even bought a new Battery but that didn't help. Thanks

Moved to the Auris club.

Any clicking sounds, or just nothing? Did you check Battery voltage?

I thought it might be sticky starter, but then you said moving the car while in gear helps, so could be some sensor. 

You need diagnostic to check when it fails to start.

While driving, does the car behave normally, or erratically? Sputters, random lack of power, etc.

No clicking nothing, I even replaced the Battery thinking it was that, but no joy. It's like its the immobilizer but the key is also new and security light goes off when I put the key in it. The engine is running perfectly , no spluttering. Someone suggested it could be the switch under the clutch as you have to press clutch first to start. Even if I did call someone out when it fails, you can nearly be guaranteed by the time they'll come it will start normally. I'm totally confused. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links