Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How to stop sat-nav at end of journey

FiestaRed

In the few months I've had the Corolla TS, I've only ever needed to use the sat-nav in the last few days. Can anyone please advise if there is any way to turn it off when you've reached your destination?

Hi

On the screen on the bottom left you see 3 dots.

Press the dots then press pause guidance this should stop your sat navigation 

• Like 1

Thanks for the help Chris, really appreciated.

You don't need to do anything if you've reached your destination. It will tell you it's arrived and that's that. Mission complete. However if you want to stop guidance early then 'Pause Guidance' is the option although I think in early versions of the software it was 'Stop guidance'.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

You don't need to do anything if you've reached your destination. It will tell you it's arrived and that's that. Mission complete. However if you want to stop guidance early then 'Pause Guidance' is the option although I think in early versions of the software it was 'Stop guidance'.

That's not quite what happens in my car Andrue. I went out yesterday and set the sat nav to come home. After arriving home, I parked up and left the car. This morning I went on a short drive but the sat nav kicked in, trying to direct me back home. One of the reasons I was asking about turning the sat nav off.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, FiestaRed said:

That's not quite what happens in my car Andrue. I went out yesterday and set the sat nav to come home. After arriving home, I parked up and left the car. This morning I went on a short drive but the sat nav kicked in, trying to direct me back home. One of the reasons I was asking about turning the sat nav off.

Some 'at wrong there then. Did the satnav tell you it had arrived at your destination? Because when mine does it's the end of navigation as you'd expect.

One thing I have noticed though is that the My T app always reckons my car is parked at number 14 instead of 31. I know when I set up the Home shortcut I used 'current location' rather than an address. If I told it to navigate to number 31 it probably wouldn't tell me that I'd arrived and thus I'd not expect navigation to stop.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Andrue. Yes, I got the 'arrived at destination' comment, so like you, I naturally thought that was it.

Again, like yourself, my car seems to be parked quite a few doors away on the MyT app but I always got this with all my Astras that had sat nav too.

Strange. I will say it's been a while since I let it drive me all the way home. I usually stop it once I'm on familiar territory. But it navigated me to a car park in Northampton yesterday for my Covid booster and it stopped automatically. Anyway at least you know how to stop it manually but it's curious that sometimes it stops by itself.

• Like 1

Mine is the same, as was my 2018 auris before it. Yes it will cancel as long as the GPS of where you reach is same as the GPS destination. Looking at myt, often I am coming off the road and taking a crow fly line across curves. 😃

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links