Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Swap cd/cassette unit with cd changer unit t25 avensis

04T25

Hi there, as the title suggest I am planning to remove the old unit for the cd changer unit. Is it a plug and play install?

1 hour ago, 04T25 said:

Hi there, as the title suggest I am planning to remove the old unit for the cd changer unit. Is it a plug and play install?

hello there buddy you can get one of those devices on eBay there called a usb,aux adaptor plus you can get the newer one with bluetooth there a good job i had one in my last car .no need for cds all on usb stick great job. all i did with mine was buy a longer usb cable and just connected my flash memory to that and a longer 3.5mm jack wire and ran that to a hand spot on my car. but with bluetooth you hardly need 3.5mm jack but the flash memory for the music is good 

• Like 2

As Joe mentioned above, you can keep your existing stereo and plug a multi adapter (Bluetooth/USB/AUX/memory card) into the CD changer port. I am using one and getting most of the functions missing, including handsfree calls, navigation from the phone, when it cuts the music and give directions through the Speakers, music bluetooth or USB memory stick. I adapters were designed for your model and work on most standard Toyota stereos with the CD changer port in the rear, even my Mk3 T27 CD/radio stereo non-nav model.

Here are my posts on the subject which also apply for the Mk2 T25 models with standard CD/radio stereo :-

• Thanks 1

The other route is to get the adapter cable kit to bridge between Toyota to ISO, so any stereo can be fitted. That is plug and play. There is also a remote interface so the steering controls will work. Look on eBay or look at Connects2.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Konrad C said:

As Joe mentioned above, you can keep your existing stereo and plug a multi adapter (Bluetooth/USB/AUX/memory card) into the CD changer port. I am using one and getting most of the functions missing, including handsfree calls, navigation from the phone, when it cuts the music and give directions through the speakers, music Bluetooth or USB memory stick. I adapters were designed for your model and work on most standard Toyota stereos with the CD changer port in the rear, even my Mk3 T27 CD/radio stereo non-nav model.

Here are my posts on the subject which also apply for the Mk2 T25 models with standard CD/radio stereo :-

Good morning Konrad  how's things my friend quick question on my t27 everything works apart from when I push the speech button on my steering wheel it's says it's not supported whatever that means as it's on the car should work .it's a button of like a face and voice .can't seem to get that working 

On 1/23/2022 at 10:54 AM, 2009joe said:

Good morning Konrad  how's things my friend quick question on my t27 everything works apart from when I push the speech button on my steering wheel it's says it's not supported whatever that means as it's on the car should work .it's a button of like a face and voice .can't seem to get that working 

Going by my early audio and handsfree system W52838, When some of the contacts and numbers are entered into the system memory, I had to say the name of the contact. Then when calling, press the speech button and say the contacts name. Problem is tat it does not always recognise the name or mixed the contact with another contact wit the same name also stored in the memory. I do have the better option of saying 'Hi Google, call John' using my secondary bluetooth adapter. I have used the secondary bluetooth for directions quite often, without having touch the phone in the cradle. My phone is far superior to Toyota handsfree commands, that I probably more up to date, than even the best systems fitted any Avensis fitted from factory. I rarely make calls and since my phone only accepts know numbers, call are kept short or rejected. It's all about safety and not being distracted. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links