Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hilux GR Sport ordering

superclarkey

Hey, 

I've been waiting for the GR Sport to come out for a while, so I have been on the waiting list to place the order as soon as the books opened for this model. 

So finally today my order has been placed and finance has been agreed.

I was surprised to find out that you can't get 42 months interest free on this vehicle, they only said you can take 36months out, just wondering if anyone else has had the same or is it just the dealership I've ordered it from etc? (I know this answer might only come as people actually place orders, so don't expect immediate response)

Its also the first car I've purchased where I didn't get a single penny off, have others got any money off the vehicles they have had on order? or is it a take it or leave it kinda deal.  you get the standard £2k dealer finance deposit etc.

As I've taken out a PCP deal, the monthly payments are more then I was expecting, but as I say I've waited a good while for this edition to come out so at this point I would sooner have it then not.

for reference the monthly is £625, I get the truck is a little bit more money but the finance being 36 months really sucks. 

Update: I just spoke with Toyota head office UK, and they told me that it should be 42 months, after speaking to the dealership with this new information.. would you believe it the option appeared on the system and now my agreement has been amended to 42months.

Brings the monthly to £568/month with a £20,400 finial payment.

You get nothing for nothing, somebody is paying that interest for you, either Toyota or the dealer, the longer the term, the more it costs. It is also a new model, on new models, you don't get as many keen offers due to supply and demand. PCP monthly payments are considerably cheaper due to the way the deal is stacked, on a PCP you have the final payment to make, or part ex and start over again. Maybe that offer is limited to the 36 months max? It can be tricky to spot the best deals as they vary model to model so much, if you are not happy, perhaps the sales manager can help if you pop in and see him? 

• Like 1

The finance is just bizarre - I was prepared to buy mine outright but my dealer practically forced me to use the 0% APR finance, and my uncle was offered an extra £1000 discount on top of the already hefty discount he'd been offered if he bought it on finance!

5 minutes ago, Cyker said:

The finance is just bizarre - I was prepared to buy mine outright but my dealer practically forced me to use the 0% APR finance, and my uncle was offered an extra £1000 discount on top of the already hefty discount he'd been offered if he bought it on finance!

Kitchens, not cars, but a similar thing happened when buying a kitchen recently, much better conditions with 0% finance. The funny thing about this is that the finance company still gets paid interest ! In this case the kitchen retailer.

I suspect the thinking is, with 0% finance that means 0.03% (or whatever) more customers in the store, and that means instead of those customers buying another make, then dealership has made an extra sale! 

• Like 1

I get there is nothing free in this world, and someone pays the finance costs etc, I just wanted to know I was being treated fairly.

tbh I’ve always found Toyota the hardest to deal with as this isn’t my first car from them and also had many cars new from other brands.

I’ve never paid the asking price for a car, I mean my Corolla Hybrid I got 9.5% off which was a fair chunk of change, so was expecting 5% but not even a penny off.

i have not purchased a new car since the start of the pandemic so don’t know if they are just being harder now and being as it’s a 6months plus wait that they think why bother.

Three sales men from 3 different outlets where all the same, total brick walls and wouldn’t budge on the price, so wasn’t just a one off! 

either way got me by the balls as I want the truck.

Always the same when the demand outstrips supply …. Prices go up ie certain products during lockdown, cup final tickets etc.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stopeter44 said:

Kitchens, not cars, but a similar thing happened when buying a kitchen recently,

I had a similar experience with two new sofa's, they were heading for the 0% offer and just assumed I wanted that offer. I had to explain, quite forcefully in the end, that as the customer it was my choice, I have been in the motor trade nearly 50 years and have seen every offer going, I just wanted to buy the sofa's!! In the end he could see my point, then asked if I would like to pay in full, with a 16 week delivery.............errrr, no thanks, deposit will do 

• Haha 1

19% was available with certain affiliations, but it has just dropped to 15.5%.

I guess they don’t really need to discount if they can’t even make enough of them to meet demand. 

GR looks lovely, how long have you got to wait?

I’d mess up those alacantra seats way to quickly 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links