Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Ractis can't find insurance

larklst

Hello folks,

I can't find any insurance provider to insure my car. I tried Adrian Flux, but they can't insure my car because I'm live in a high risk area.
The model can't find in database, so most of the insurers can't provide the quote.

Wonder if anyone can suggest any insurers?

Thanks!

You need to find a place that insures imports, ask Adrian flux will insure it with a tracker and\or alarm installed

Greater Manchester is 4-5 times the national average for insurance premiums

Larkist, the point is anything is insurable, the question is can you afford the premium. 

1 hour ago, Roy124 said:

Larkist, the point is anything is insurable, the question is can you afford the premium. 

there is one insurer quoted £7000 yearly, which is more expensive than the car.

• Sad 1

I’ve never heard of an insurance premium that high. Have you ever had insurance in your own name before?. Is it a high powered car?. They must have a very valid reason of risk to demand that exorbitant premium?.

What is a Toyota Ractis?  Is it so obscure in the uk that in the event of an accident the parts would be extremely difficult to get and very possible expensive?       
I can understand why an insurance company may quote “a ridiculous” price. They don’t want to customers vehicle to cover, so they put in a quote that would pay them well for the risk if the customer chose to go along with it, but not bothered if they don’t get the business.     
I used to do that in my business, if I didn’t want the job for whatever reason, I would put in a silly high price. If I got the booking I knew I was going to get paid well for a job I didn’t want to do. Most times I didn’t get the job which was fine.

8 minutes ago, Catlover said:

What is a Toyota Ractis?

The second generation Ractis was sold in Europe as the Verso S - a small MPV in the Yaris market sector. It was axed in the UK after 2 and a bit years due to low sales.

Yes, my car is Verso S 2014 Japanese version. The engine size is 1497cc which is different from EU version. I had insurance under my name for that car but not in UK. I'm just newly move to UK.

I tried to get the quote from different insurers today, but as there is no that model in their database, they just simply reject me. I tried to use Verso S, but since the engine size is different, I can't get the quote. 😔

How have you ended up having a Toyota Ractis?           
When the time comes to repair the car, how do you know you can source parts easy?
Would it be easier simply to have a car, maybe a Verso, that is easier to insure?        
Life can be problematic enough without carrying extra loads.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Catlover said:

How have you ended up having a Toyota Ractis?           
When the time comes to repair the car, how do you know you can source parts easy?
Would it be easier simply to have a car, maybe a Verso, that is easier to insure?        
Life can be problematic enough without carrying extra loads.

It's Verson S, I hope it's not difficult to find parts. But yes you are right, I shouldn't have this car in UK.

19 hours ago, Bernard Foy said:

I’ve never heard of an insurance premium that high. Have you ever had insurance in your own name before?. Is it a high powered car?. They must have a very valid reason of risk to demand that exorbitant premium?.

You've just been lucky! On comparison websites I always jump to the bottom to see what the most ridiculous quote is - For my Mk4 it was something like £7900 and I would have had to fit a blackbox and install an app :laugh: 

When I bought the car and got the driveaway insurance (Which the Jemca guy forgot to actually activate, so I was driving around uninsured for a day :eek:  Lucky I checked AskMID!!), the agent asked me if I wanted a quote for full insurance - That came to £1100! :eek: What was more bizarre is they sounded genuinely surprised/confused when I turned it down :laugh:  and then mildly offended when I told them I'd had a quote for £480 from Churchill and could they match it :laugh: 

The most ridiculous quote of all time I've had was for my first car - ~£12,000 for a poverty-spec 1.3L Ford Fiesta!!! :eek:  :laugh:  I can't imagine how much it must suck trying to get insurance as a new driver now...!

re. Ractis insurance, you need to speak to insurers who specialize in imported cars, or modified cars (esp. JDM ones). Find a dealer who sells e.g. Estimas and see who they recommend - They usually have a list. Mainstream insurance is usually useless for import cars unless they are very popular, like the Estima.

Adrian Flux (Who you already tried), Sky Insurance, A-Plan and for some reason Admiral were ones I know of that people have had luck with in the past, but there are others. You might need dig through some JDM enthusiast forums to see if they know of better ones!

• Confused 1

Hi.

I'm surprised that we couldn't offer you some kind of quotation.

Regards,

Dan.

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

You've just been lucky! On comparison websites I always jump to the bottom to see what the most ridiculous quote is - For my Mk4 it was something like £7900 and I would have had to fit a blackbox and install an app :laugh: 

When I bought the car and got the driveaway insurance (Which the Jemca guy forgot to actually activate, so I was driving around uninsured for a day :eek:  Lucky I checked AskMID!!), the agent asked me if I wanted a quote for full insurance - That came to £1100! :eek: What was more bizarre is they sounded genuinely surprised/confused when I turned it down :laugh:  and then mildly offended when I told them I'd had a quote for £480 from Churchill and could they match it :laugh: 

The most ridiculous quote of all time I've had was for my first car - ~£12,000 for a poverty-spec 1.3L Ford Fiesta!!! :eek:  :laugh:  I can't imagine how much it must suck trying to get insurance as a new driver now...!

re. Ractis insurance, you need to speak to insurers who specialize in imported cars, or modified cars (esp. JDM ones). Find a dealer who sells e.g. Estimas and see who they recommend - They usually have a list. Mainstream insurance is usually useless for import cars unless they are very popular, like the Estima.

Adrian Flux (Who you already tried), Sky Insurance, A-Plan and for some reason Admiral were ones I know of that people have had luck with in the past, but there are others. You might need dig through some JDM enthusiast forums to see if they know of better ones!

Thank you very much for your sharing and advice. I tried sky Insurance, they said they cover high performance car and rejected me. A-plan reject me as well, can't remember if it's because I'm living in a high risk area. Admiral was the one I tried first, I also got rejected.

I will try again next week.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi.

I'm surprised that we couldn't offer you some kind of quotation.

Regards,

Dan.

I'm surprised as well. I asked many ppl. They all recommended your company. Wonder if you can help if I'm living in Manchester.

I think there's a combination of factors here that are causing you issues insuring close to Manchester city is always higher, trying to insure a 'grey' import and from what I've read you've moved to the UK do you hold a UK licence? Each one of those 3 factors are high risk on their own and do you have any UK no claims bonus, i would strongly advise getting a UK sold model. It's hard enough for someone in the UK to insure a grey import without the other risk factors. By the way a grey import is a vehicle not sold in the UK at that time a parallel import is a make and model sold in the UK just not necessarily the same specification

Ugh... that sucks... maybe see if you can just get third-party, fire and theft instead of fully comp??

4 hours ago, Gcp1991 said:

I think there's a combination of factors here that are causing you issues insuring close to Manchester city is always higher, trying to insure a 'grey' import and from what I've read you've moved to the UK do you hold a UK licence? Each one of those 3 factors are high risk on their own and do you have any UK no claims bonus, i would strongly advise getting a UK sold model. It's hard enough for someone in the UK to insure a grey import without the other risk factors. By the way a grey import is a vehicle not sold in the UK at that time a parallel import is a make and model sold in the UK just not necessarily the same specification

Yes, your are right, all the factors you mentioned are the reasons that I got rejected by different insurers. I asked a a dealer who sells imported car. He also suggested me to sell it and buy a UK sold model. I will try three more insurers next week. Hope I can find one finally 🙏🏻

Thank you very much for your info. I should have do some research before having this car.

3 hours ago, Cyker said:

Ugh... that sucks... maybe see if you can just get third-party, fire and theft instead of fully comp??

I don't have any choice, as long as any insurer accepts my car, I will just go ahead.

If you thinking of accepting silly money quotes, just think that could be put toward another car.

You could have a word with Kara @Alljapanesemotors.co.uk...Stockport.,..(where I bought my Estima from).

She will probably have sold a Ractis before and I'd be surprised if she can't put you on to a insurance company.

Good luck

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links