Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ancillary boot lighting

Rav Rob

I spend a lot of time rummaging in my boot for work stuff, the little light on the side isn't too good (bulb or LED) so I got this super thin rechargeable 40cm LED strip light. It has strong magnets in it so I had hoped it would stick to the underside if the boot cover, but its Aluminium.. oops! forgot to test!

But, it comes with a couple of steel mounting clips with very strong sticky pads you can leave in place and then magnetically latch the light to the mounts. so no problem. Held by its magnets it will be easy to detach and take for a charge up when needed.

Has a switch, Off, On and Auto: where its activated for a couple of minutes by a PIR sensor, I have found just waving my hand in the boot does it. But it won't activate if ambient light is sufficient anyway. I will see how it fares in action, got it from China, Aliexpress for about a tenner.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Standard light                           With extra light

6.jpg

• Like 2

I fitted something similar to our Aygo. Powered by alkaline batteries which last for ages. Comes on when it is dark and the tailgate is opened and goes off a few seconds after the tailgate is closed. Bought from Amazon for around a tenner on Prime.

11 hours ago, Rav Rob said:

got it from China, Aliexpress for about a tenner.

Rob

Have you got a link you could supply?

Never understood why Toyota think the boot lighting is adequate especially when the boot is loaded. I think there should be a light in the roof above but it does mean having to roll the boot cover back.

My solution was to buy a LED multi angle light from Wickes and I hook it onto the top of the rear door opening. Cheap and works for me but might not work if you were having to get into your boot a lot.

7E2CC606-7E6D-4B61-9ADE-8DB375DFD986.jpeg

28667F4D-E911-4610-893F-2E61B0593F03.png

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links