Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Should I be disappointed or glad it's a limited model?

Georgey Porgey

Wife picked up her Toyota Yaris Dynamic Bi-Tone with City Pack on 3/3/2022 We only ordered It 27/07/2021 but found out they stopped the Dynamic.

Should I be disappointed or glad it's a limited model now?

Only just found out that it's been replaced with a GR model (1.5l Hybrid)

IMG_20220303_232155_047.jpg

• Like 1

I think it is just the way Toyota is restructuring trims. They did same with C-HR as well. So the sports version is GR and the luxury version is Excel. 

• Thanks 1

Hi Mohammed, if it was me I would be happy, as you now have a car that’s a limited edition. It’s just a trim level. Nothing to be worried about. Enjoy the Toyota Yaris it’s a little genius of a car 🚗.

• Thanks 1

I do know what you mean, even though I've had my Dynamic since July '21. It is basically just a styling change, apart from the 18" rims instead of 17". I look at mine as that little more special now, as there won't be any more produced in that spec once the GR Sport trim model 'goes live'. 
Enjoy your new and now, just a little bit more exclusive, car! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Georgey Porgey said:

Wife picked up her Toyota Yaris Dynamic Bi-Tone with City Pack on 3/3/2022 We only ordered It 27/07/2021 but found out they stopped the Dynamic.

It’s your wife’s car, what does she think ?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Georgey Porgey said:

Glad, that was best trim level available plus you had picked the right colour 👍

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stopeter44 said:

It’s your wife’s car, what does she think ?

Well she was absolutely loving it couldn't stop smiling even though it took ages because it's her 1st brand new car.

Hope she calms down from a nearly 300bhp Zafira Gsi turbo 🙈

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Glad, that was best trim level available plus you had picked the right colour 👍

Yeah we was a bit worried because it's perl but spot on

43 minutes ago, Georgey Porgey said:

Well she was absolutely loving it couldn't stop smiling even though it took ages because it's her 1st brand new car.

Hope she calms down from a nearly 300bhp Zafira Gsi turbo 🙈

Wasn't a blue one was it?  I used to see one round Rugby way that must have been chipped as it could really shift.

17 hours ago, Georgey Porgey said:

I ordered my wife a dynamic in pearl white back in early Dec, must have been one of the last orders. Still waiting for it but she is happy that she will have a limited edition 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Wasn't a blue one was it?  I used to see one round Rugby way that must have been chipped as it could really shift.

Yes blue but not from around there mate.

This was my first brand new car too - I think anything else I'd have buyers remorse but the Mk4 really ticks all the boxes for me! There is no other current-gen car I know of that you can hoon about and still get a tank-average of 70mpg out of! :yahoo: 

And I think the Dynamic is better than the GR Sport. IMHO the GR Sport is just stupid...

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Cyker said:

And I think the Dynamic is better than the GR Sport. IMHO the GR Sport is just stupid...

I'm hard pressed to imagine the potential client for the GR Sport, it looks quick, but It doesn't have any different drivetrain calibration than the other hybrid models. Although, there are people who are crazy into customisation (search Jacky tuning on the internet), who have essentially basic engines in crazy looking cars, but from that perspective the GR sport is pretty conventional.

• Like 1

Limited editions which are basically just differences in trim, and which are different to cars like the Yaris GR, don't really add much to the car's resale value.

I would be happy. We wanted the bi-tone but couldn't get it when we ordered. We ended up settling for an Excel with Panoramic roof and Tech pack

• Like 3

There are GR variations on almost all Toyota models, like Corolla for example and these are selling really well imo, at least Corolla does as many shares in the forum their new cars, although the differences are only in appearance I think the cars look good and worth it. Corolla GR for example is very appealing to me., Yaris too., only if they offer to pick differential size wheels . 👌

• Thanks 1

The problem as well is you have the GR Yaris, and the Yaris GR Sport, which is just going to confuse people who aren't in the know!!

I can imagine some people buying the GR Sport by mistake :laugh: 

(It also explains why Toyota were quite insistent on reviewers calling it the GR Yaris or GR4 and not the Yaris GR!!)

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I wouldn't have thought that would happen given the price difference, as well as two doors vs four doors. 250+ bhp is just overkill, though, isn't it ? Plus at 8L/100km the fuel consumption, with prices these days ... Still it's not a AC Cobra replica is it ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Cyker said:

The problem as well is you have the GR Yaris, and the Yaris GR Sport, which is just going to confuse people who aren't in the know!!

(It also explains why Toyota were quite insistent on reviewers calling it the GR Yaris or GR4 and not the Yaris GR!!)

Ok, 

here we can see why Toyota has this approach and offers a “sports” version of its models , obviously because there is a demand for that and perhaps for inspiration for the young drivers to get into the motor sport 🏎🏁👍

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/what-is-the-toyota-gazoo-racing-pyramid/

• Like 1

Although I love my Dynamic, I did get quite excited about the Yaris GR Sport when I first heard about it and would consider one, given the chance. Not going to be an option for me, for quite a while, anyway! 🤣
Yes, the GR Yaris is an amazing car but it's expensive to buy, run and tax. It's an enthusiast's car. A totally different 'animal'. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AlJ said:

Although I love my Dynamic, I did get quite excited about the Yaris GR Sport when I first heard about it and would consider one, given the chance. Not going to be an option for me, for quite a while, anyway! 🤣
Yes, the GR Yaris is an amazing car but it's expensive to buy, run and tax. It's an enthusiast's car. A totally different 'animal'. 

Your car looks great, did you go for pearl white?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OTS84 said:

Your car looks great, did you go for pearl white?

Thank you but no, that's simply pure white. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AlJ said:

Thank you but no, that's simply pure white. 

Yes, the pure white does suit the Yaris so well. I am not at all envious of the bitone specs I see running around (except where I am, they have the HUD!).

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links