Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla t sport engine management lights

mrsb805

I have a 2002 Corolla TSport. 
A few months ago I had an issue with the TRC and VSC lights on the dash going on. The garage replaced a part ( not sure what but it comes as a complete unit and has a grooved cog ?????).Anyway all was fine until yesterday - they came back on again. 
I haven’t got the fault codes but any ideas???? 
Not sure if relevant but they came in just as did a hill start and released the handbrake???

I wonder if the part was a 'Reluctor Ring' which is a toothed cog used as a sensor for the antilock brakes. It is not used as a gear, it generates an electrical pulse to show how fast the wheel is turning.

What you describe is not unknown on the TSport and can be caused by anything from a problem with the ABS sensors (on any wheel) or even daft things like differing tyres on the same axle.

If its just a one off then I wouldn't worry. Fwiw I used to have TSport years ago and experienced this myself. It was never an issue though. I think I probably reset the system by setting the steering straight ahead and then disconnecting the Battery for 30 minutes or so, then reconnect and job done.

.image.thumb.png.4d4499a1d55b0b44ec72be3dc79986ce.png

You can buy basic code readers that will give you the codes and allow you to clear /reset any old ones; just make sure the supplier states they will work on Toyotas.

001146.jpg

001147.jpg

Try clean your abs sensor as metal shavings can get stuck to the magnet and cause abs and vsc light to come on

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links