Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Has Anyone Changed There Roof Lining Interior Lamps To Led On New Yaris

Georgey Porgey

Hi has anyone changed there roof lining interior lamps to LEDs?

I've changed the sun visors to led but don't know how to open the roof lining panel?

Has anyone changed there's or is there a video link?

Yes Mohammad, I too would like to from any owner who has changed his interior lights to leds in the Mark 4 Yaris Hybrid.

Stick a photo up, might be the same as other Toyota models.

It is slightly different from the Mk3 in the Mk4. I've already done ours...

First things to note are that the complete unit is held in place by those dreaded red press stud type fasteners (as you will see) that are an absolute bitch to get out. Here's a photo of it when its out...

PXL_20220323_220743100_MPs.thumb.jpg.b30672abe7c82ad9374c1cad713b360c.jpg

To make sure you don't leave one of the poppers in its hole, push the whole unit to the right before you try and pull the whole thing out. Now you need to be brave, strong, don't back off and be ready for it to come out suddenly when the poppers retract! With both hands and both sets of fingers, push the headlining up towards the roof (its springy) with the backs of your fingers so that you can get both sets of fingers under each short end of the unit. Make sure to keep the sideways pressure towards the right of the vehicle. Now pull really hard and very evenly on both sides at once. It should pop out and take you by surprise when it does!

This photo shows one of the bulb holders out complete with my LED bulb. (obviously there are two, one each side)

PXL_20220323_220848498_MP.thumb.jpg.4a044d03b2cdfbe9806bf3a9697340d6.jpg

Unless you manage to get the type that are not polarity conscious (they are the capless type), you'll need to try each bulb first by gently turning slightly (before locking in place) to see if it comes on (need the door open). Then lock into place. Putting the whole unit back in is ridiculously easy compared to taking it out. Just offer the unit up feeling through the unit for the poppers to start to enter their respective holes and then push gently up and it will click into place.

Have fun! 😁

• Like 1

If you are unfortunate enough to leave one of the poppers behind in its hole, do not try and get it out with long nose pliers as you will break it! What you need is the short blade of a penknife or a plastic prier like this one...

uFcK2lnmd29kodTV5muqww3KajglGKU2ORMgiyeLO-0TCLDCMTY11e1V5RKMosBmDokZsPhuhx3DEOrSie3Gc0Kf8THtPh8hdUAwEyGKFBHZXWi-2hXuAu6DsTmg3wckZ_cyKCBYDZ2r0G8OEJ1I7xc1Lmm-ial95GgED0wa1NoXf1qq4MDAONDYHKr4ZJDpJjoUaiv0J2zrcVeYTBcdELsBsX-LECDWDs7_N8b4D90hpHp6bVoKr8fkZDnPE-ddsePIwUkLOlRGJOVYY3Erk5tL26RQdl7VctUc86oLUY8Kk8hxDF89ZTkG47BnlTDWo5oG5zbdsidXdYAMHcjc1EhHgWlP3A9uVXsCFlHhA2Bib8o_r9S4KdaOKKZjouu9P7eaXBo8rgV0FFNt2cN1A2HdRhEWc5XEpFuIzvMv8WJnmc9oy6t_blVU4ox3WuzYCmKWvgorbs6wro5CcEKhE2P0Q2OXF4QHDn01KQ2KebTtMd5PiVnOAL0pfFiOuofNihwAw4jo42J8EQocBiY_AQT2JHu1Hk_u-UfOBfSj006LgId5NSgG7USNkCc48KJBiF4eD64IMdksp8QUCbFHFGZ6zeB0kJflbg4qKU4Qom4OojbWcL-Oqap7Fct_sfm-NGj36X_p2vB5JRJt3CLgKm9-Ht3aT218RobcCofPA14uUAMuPan4Q5Xf4AywbZvZmEME1v-YKhWa-d4EDQL9iRRApmdAOHyzNR0z-UH09Fs5Q-8fWIsYP9Bkd_wKMWk=w1737-h890-no?authuser=0

Carefully ease it under the lowest contact flange between the roof bracket and the popper itself and pushing to one side, the popper should ease up and cant over to one side as that side of the clip releases. Once there, get a finger under it on that side and then use the knife or prier on the opposing side, wiggling it as you go and you should find that it will eventually give and come out. It's a pain in the rear if one gets left behind but not the end of the world. (I know because I have done it!)

• Like 1

Thanks for putting this information here.

It’s one of my annoyance's that manufactures still use filament bulbs in the interior lights, which is why I like to change them.

I have to say the cost cutting measures that manufactures take now to secure components boggles the mind?

I worked on the spanner’s in a main dealer workshop in the nineties, and although cars were not as safe back then, at least they knew how to use a screw or two to hold things in place!

Those popper clips were a pain back in the nineties for exterior trim etc, but to hold an interior light in is ridiculous!

I think I’m going to leave the filament bulbs in place because I don’t want to stretch the clips and start any dreaded rattles!

😊

• Like 2

I will definitely be leaving the originals exactly where they are after reading Colin’s how to. Because two sets of fingers are needed and I’m lacking a few digits 👌.

• Like 1

In most cases, the white lens will pop off from that assembly - therefore, no need to remove it. Get a knife to see if it pops off. There is normally a time limit to bulb replacements in standards, so removing whole assy is not what they would normally ask.

I did the lens removal on my Mk3. It just clipped back in after,

On 3/28/2022 at 11:19 AM, Starensis said:

In most cases, the white lens will pop off from that assembly - therefore, no need to remove it. Get a knife to see if it pops off. There is normally a time limit to bulb replacements in standards, so removing whole assy is not what they would normally ask.

I did the lens removal on my Mk3. It just clipped back in after,

Adam that sounds like a much easier for someone who is digitally challenged 👌.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links