Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dashboard Alerts

SpivsyLooby

Hello,

I need some help from anyone who has a 2018 Aygo. I bought it a month ago and have had no issues till this week when the anti-skid and tyre pressure warning lights came on my dashboard. I followed the manual and checked my tyre pressures but even after this, the warnings wont reset and go off. So, normally I would have visited the garage who sold me the car but given there's a bit of a distance, (I am in Birmingham and the garage in Sheffield) I decided to visit my trusted garage who checked and found that through the 'Pre-scan Vehicle Report' a number of codes appeared where there shouldn't be given they should have been cleared as part of the multi-point checks on the car. The garage tried to clear them down and for a total of 24 hours, they disappeared. But this morning, they appeared again. 😞  Has anyone had this happen and can explain to me how I get it sorted?

Thanks

Lisa

Was the dealer you bought the car from a Toyota dealer?

1 hour ago, SpivsyLooby said:

a number of codes appeared where there shouldn't be

It would help if you could tell what the codes are...

BTW after changing the tyre pressures you need to reset the system by pressing the reset button in the glovebox for several seconds.

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks for posting - My husband and I both tried restting the Tyre Pressure using the button in the glove compartment. Same with the Anti Skid - pressing the button did nothing. 

On 3/26/2022 at 3:26 PM, SpivsyLooby said:

Hello,

I need some help from anyone who has a 2018 Aygo. I bought it a month ago and have had no issues till this week when the anti-skid and tyre pressure warning lights came on my dashboard. I followed the manual and checked my tyre pressures but even after this, the warnings wont reset and go off. So, normally I would have visited the garage who sold me the car but given there's a bit of a distance, (I am in Birmingham and the garage in Sheffield) I decided to visit my trusted garage who checked and found that through the 'Pre-scan Vehicle Report' a number of codes appeared where there shouldn't be given they should have been cleared as part of the multi-point checks on the car. The garage tried to clear them down and for a total of 24 hours, they disappeared. But this morning, they appeared again. 😞  Has anyone had this happen and can explain to me how I get it sorted?

Thanks

Lisa

On 3/26/2022 at 3:44 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Was the dealer you bought the car from a Toyota dealer?

No, they were a Vauxhall dealer but they are a nationwide company so I had hoped quite respectable. 

On 3/26/2022 at 5:27 PM, PetrolDave said:

It would help if you could tell what the codes are...

BTW after changing the tyre pressures you need to reset the system by pressing the reset button in the glovebox for several seconds.

Hi,

We tried resetting using the button in the glove compartment. I have attached the pre-vehicle scan report so if anyone can help understand whats wrong it would be great.

Car dashboard.jpg

Prescan Vehicle System Report Page 1.jpeg

Prescan Vehicle System Report Page 2.jpeg

TBH while it's still a recent purchase I think you should take it back to the dealer and make it their problem - After 6 months of having the car you will have a lot less of the law on your side so better make use of the strong consumer protections we have while they're still valid!

See: https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-rights-act-aKJYx8n5KiSl

You need to contact the branch of the dealer group you bought the car from, and seek repairs under the above Act in relation to the section:

'How long do you have to return a faulty product.'

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A 2018 Aygo registered in the UK with less than 100,000miles is still with manufacturers warranty, take the car to Toyota  and have them fix it

I had a similar issue in my Aygo with these lights coming on the dash a month ago (2014 Mk2 Aygo). It was a faulty O2 sensor, Toyota replaced it under Relax warranty. The Toyota dealer said they had a quite a few with the same issue recently.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links