Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Radio wiring help

Morley86

I have a 2009 Avensis TR estate 2.0 diesel and the factory head unit left a lot to be desired. So I’ve splurged on an Alpine iLX-705D to give me wireless Apple CarPlay which is pretty cool. Also got a Connects2 adaptor and the steering wheel controls JUST WORK which is awesome (the model you need for this is CTSTY008.2)

However, I’m struggling with a few wires that I have no idea how to find to make a few features work. I’d be grateful if anyone can help me find:

Speed sensor wire

Reverse wire (I’ve also fitted an aftermarket reversing camera)

Parking break wire

Thanks in advance

ok you should have a gray or white 5 pin plug (it's a 5 pin not 4)

Always verify your pin outs

136405548_toyradio5pinsock.jpg.3d5dda024d0c8e8c044ffcd7017f6ff2.jpg

393353160_toyradio5pin.thumb.jpg.11046ae7a53ad3a8a8d8f9592c854c06.jpg

Oh that’s brilliant thank you very much. Can I ask where you got this information from please as I couldn’t find this anywhere on the net.

Ok I’ve just got behind the head unit and have found the plug you’re on about but there’s a problem - only 1 and 3 have anything in them! So I’ve got parking break and speed but no reverse gear 😕

Any idea where I can find this wire elsewhere?

B7A545A9-6CB7-4E1D-A477-D852F7261EAB.jpeg

Anyone else know where I can find a reverse signal wire to trigger the reverse camera on my head unit?

11 hours ago, Morley86 said:

Anyone else know where I can find a reverse signal wire to trigger the reverse camera on my head unit?

Steal it from reversing light wire? I did that with my previous E12 Corolla.

Yeah, was trying to avoid running another wire back to front. Any idea where the reverse light wire is up front?

On 3/29/2022 at 9:11 AM, Morley86 said:

Yeah, was trying to avoid running another wire back to front. Any idea where the reverse light wire is up front?

How u fair out with Ur radio looks like a class one that I was looking up them on YouTube they have a class d amp in them 4x 50w so happy days nice piece of kit but dam there mad expensive boss 650 700 quid 😕

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links