Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T27 2.0 d4d remap

Danamos11

I have spoken to a vehicle remap company, they have advised me they won’t remap the car unless they have proof of the egr and inlet manifold cleaned out. As they are notoriously bad for blocking up. Is this an issue with these engines? Also I have seen on a post on here about injector re learn, is that something that has to be done with a diagnostics machine? 

10 hours ago, Danamos11 said:

I have spoken to a vehicle remap company, they have advised me they won’t remap the car unless they have proof of the egr and inlet manifold cleaned out. As they are notoriously bad for blocking up. Is this an issue with these engines? Also I have seen on a post on here about injector re learn, is that something that has to be done with a diagnostics machine? 

tbh i would not bother remaping it as will clog up it more causing more headaches and well tbh with these new dpfs will clog those up faster also so end  of the day for all you get out of it its more bother than worth 

I had my dpf gutted and egr blanked, both deleted from the ecu. I then had an economy remap that has improved mpg to around 60. A side effect is it's a lot nicer car to drive, so much more responsive. Sailed through the MOT with the emissions being less than before, so dont really see the point of a dpf and egr. It's like going for a run when you have a cold and constipated.

• Haha 1

Just out of interest what we’re you getting mpg before?

16 hours ago, NorfolkNomad said:

I had my dpf gutted and egr blanked, both deleted from the ecu. I then had an economy remap that has improved mpg to around 60. A side effect is it's a lot nicer car to drive, so much more responsive. Sailed through the MOT with the emissions being less than before, so dont really see the point of a dpf and egr. It's like going for a run when you have a cold and constipated.

That's interesting can't understand so u get more miles a gallon and better car 2 drive and passes the imisions that's class I'd love 2 do that 2 mine but afriad of failing the mot then I'd have 2 buy a new dpf for the car .by chance what's. The year of your car and miles 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links