Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

parking sensors failed

Bernard McGlinchey

2014 avensis estate, parking sensors have failed, when you select reverse I can hear 1 bleep as if activating the sensors. but nothing happens 

Have they been turned off? Sometimes there is a switch mounted on the boot lining, which can be inadvertently knocked into the off position.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bernard McGlinchey said:

2014 avensis estate, parking sensors have failed, when you select reverse I can hear 1 bleep as if activating the sensors. but nothing happens 

This happened to my previous car so I have a little trick which maybe useful, if they aren't turned off inadvertently as mentioned above. Engine off, park up to something like a garage door/gate, put in reverse (to set off the sensors). You then with a long handled screwdriver, put the handle to your ear and the tip of the screwdriver onto each sensor in turn. The ones that are working you will hear a distinct 'clicking'. The one that isn't working will not click, that will be your problem as it 'breaks' the circuit. I had a great bit of luck when doing this as I tapped the one not working with the handle of the screwdriver and it burst into life, all fixed! Can't promise that with yours but worth a go (you can buy replacements if necessary). This may sound like an April 1st suggestion, but, trust me, it is a genuine potential solution and does work!

thanks folks 

found a switch in boot that I never knew was there .help much appreciated thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links