Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Energy

2toyos

Anyone else woke up to having the power provider hanging out the back of you

I simply cannot afford to live anymore, maybe time to leave England

I think it's quite a global issue, not sure anywhere else, in the West especially, is much better?

12 minutes ago, Yugguy1970 said:

I think it's quite a global issue, not sure anywhere else, in the West especially, is much better?

Well my wifes Brazilian, looking to move there, least we could get decent solar energy there 😂 everything here is just getting ridiculous

• Like 1

It's not just the UK, war, covid and many other factors have caused a major economic down turn, wait until you see your wages 1.25% rise in NI - if we aren't careful there is going to be a major crash and a lot of folks in negative equity with rapidly rising interest rates

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, flash22 said:

It's not just the UK, war, covid and many other factors have caused a major economic down turn, wait until you see your wages 1.25% rise in NI - if we aren't careful there is going to be a major crash and a lot of folks in negative equity with rapidly rising interest rates

I don't think they really care, they have built their businesses, position themselves perfectly, even with everything going on the businesses like, British gas, Scottish power, BP Shell are making massive profit's, why do we relie on Russia for gas when we have the north sea, wind turbines that produces 50% of power, we being raped of everything, my electric bill has gone up to £500, for what, no reason whatsoever, COVID reasons are utter crap, I worked all the way through it, Ukraine war, possible some impact, but not like this, just a excuse to line their pockets

Well this is the downside of a capitalist system... they keep the savings but pass the expenses down the chain to us! All you can do to stay in the game is pass it on down to your customers, or demand a raise and have your company pass it on to their customers.

To be fair, between 20 to 60% of our power comes from fossil fuels at the moment depending on how solar and wind are doing (Today the gale-force winds have take a lot of load off the gas turbines!) - It's been a bit of an eye-opener as I didn't realise how much we depended on hostile countries for fuel resources, esp. gas and diesel. As you say, I thought we got most of our fuels from our own North Sea sources.

Others had similar revelations with Brexit and food and worker resources.

The country as a whole needs to become more self-sufficient...

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links