Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Maps - Apple car play v usb music

Starensis

I’m collecting our new Yaris on Saturday and was wondering how we could use Google maps/Waze via wired Apple car play, but have ability to play music via usb flash drive? 
I'm hoping Apple CarPlay may have been updated to WiFi, opposed to wired. If not, any suggestions on how I could do both - other than copying 20GB of music files to phone?

I may have asked this before: I’m in Benidorm and a few drinkies up to now, may have affected my memory. Sorry.🥴😜

Our Yaris cross operates wireless to use the phone and Apple car play , I have a usb stick loaded with music that I plug into the USB socket in the car.

works very well

hope that helps

• Thanks 1

The Yaris doesn't have wireless AC (not sure if the optional nav or the JBL system has it), in short you can't have 2 usb devices* as AC takes full control of the USB - plonk your music on your phone, 20gb of mp3's = 8-9 days continuance play

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

The Yaris doesn't have wireless AC (not sure if the optional nav or the JBL system has it), in short you can't have 2 usb devices* as AC takes full control of the USB - plonk your music on your phone, 20gb of mp3's = 8-9 days continuance play

Thanks - thought that may have to be the case. 🥴

So I can have maps on Apple play and music via bluetooth simultaneously? Alternative is to mount a stand-alone Nav I suppose and use USB for music via media or Apple play?

Both will share the USB make sure you use a decent quality cable tho - something like an Anker cable (3.3 or 6ft)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Both will share the USB make sure you use a decent quality cable tho - something like an Anker cable (3.3 or 6ft)

Can we use maps via wired Apple CarPlay and play music via bluetooth?

On 4/20/2022 at 5:08 PM, Starensis said:

Can we use maps via wired Apple CarPlay and play music via Bluetooth?

bluetooth doesn't work with Android Auto on my Yaris Design - when Android Auto is on, bluetooth audio is disabled. But I can connect with Miracast™ (to mirror phone screen) and that has audio routing so that what you play on the phone is routed to the car - but you can't control play from the car multimedia console... 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links