Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris MK3 (2018) - Very bad seats, suggestions?

For Martha

Heya,

Just bought myself a 2018 yaris after being away of Japan made cars for at least 6 years. 

After doing a small test ride, I bought it, and boy - today it was a nightmare. I can't find good comfy possition, my back aches and it feels like something is pushing my spine forward.

Any ideas what to do? I have at least 20 years of experience in cars and that's the first one which made me feel very sad buying it.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.
I will give this one a shot to try to eliminate the pain in the middle of my spine. And I agree, I'm just sorry I didn't had more time to review it perior buying it.

I'll be more than happy to see if there are other suggestions as well.

Cheers,

-M

I have a similar problem with my Mk4, and I think it's due to the lack of lumbar support.

I currently use a wadded up towel that I just wedge behind my back in the most comfy spot, roughly near my waist, and that's pretty much eliminated the problem.

Before, I'd be practically crippled after a longish-drive to the point I'd have trouble getting out the car because my back muscles were so so strained!

I was going to get a proper lumbar thing but they are all so different in terms of pressure, hardness, size etc. I figured rather than risk going through 20 different ones, the towel works well enough.

It's also really handy if e.g. I get caught in the rain and need something to dry my head, keep warm, fend off an aggressive goose etc.. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy was right about the usefulness of a towel! :laugh: 

I also had some issues with my Toyota seat when I bought the car coming from another Japanese brand. It took me ages to get use to it and although the car is very similar to Prius of which I had many before the seats are completely different and Prius wins by far. How I discovered a better driving position was when I lowered the seat base. When you play with the seat base up or down you actually change the angle of the base and with each adjustment you c an compensate for the lack of lumbar support. My suggestion is to play with that setting and you will most likely find you best position and most comfortable one. 
Good luck 👍

• 1 month later...

Moved to the Yaris club.

I recently bought a Yaris hybrid the same age & it took me a few attempts to get the seat comfortable, but I needed to move the seat forward to make room for a passenger & found my right hip felt a but sore after driving for 30 minutes.  I've moved it back slightly & it doesn't seem to cause a problem.

Having just bought a mk3 ,I find the seat a little soft - though that could be weight ! However I also had to lower the seat base to get as comfortable as I could .

I hate lumbar support and always back it right off but I do find many seats over bolstered.  I simply don’t get putting bolstered seats in the regular models, there’s GR editions for those that need pinning in.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links