Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 2WW A/C problem

Aids76

Hi guys.

Facing problem with my Avensis 2ww 2015. 

My A/C control is working good,besides that ticking noise behind the glove box. I found out where is the problem but dont know how can i solve it without removing entire dash.

Attaching video that i made :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izWTa06AWuY

Im predicting its the last actuator 87106J SERVO SUB-ASSY, DAMPER(FOR MODE). Cant find how to dissasembly this servo. 

Did anyone have the same problem and solve it ?

I wrote to officall service and waiting for response. But most likely i will be amazed and angry with price 😞 

Thanks and regards guys.

toya.jpg

2 hours ago, Aids76 said:

Hi guys.

Facing problem with my Avensis 2ww 2015. 

My A/C control is working good,besides that ticking noise behind the glove box. I found out where is the problem but dont know how can i solve it without removing entire dash.

Attaching video that i made :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izWTa06AWuY

Im predicting its the last actuator 87106J SERVO SUB-ASSY, DAMPER(FOR MODE). Cant find how to dissasembly this servo. 

Did anyone have the same problem and solve it ?

I wrote to officall service and waiting for response. But most likely i will be amazed and angry with price 😞 

Thanks and regards guys.

toya.jpg

would toyota not fix this for free worth a try could be a fault bud 

On 4/20/2022 at 8:17 PM, 2009joe said:

would toyota not fix this for free worth a try could be a fault bud 

Well just get a word from officall service here in our country 🙂 and is bad news for me. 

They stated that it looks like air mix dumper goes bad and it needs replacing. 5 hours time for replacing + new dumper cca. 220€.

They refuse to fix it for free, becuse car is almoust 7 years old and it has 210k + km done. They said its normal if something goes bad. They stated Toyota has 3 year garranty or 100km. Cost for fix is 500€ + -. 

Im so angry at them. Its my 7th Toyota. Well ... i think this part is not supposed to go bad. It should last lifetime of the car. 

Frustrated ash 😞 

• Like 1

What is an air mix dumper?! :eek: 

Still, could be worse, they wanted what would have amounted to nearly £4000 to basically replace the entire AC system bit by bit in my old Yaris (Which was worth considerably less than that!), only I stopped them after the first £1000 (For 2 pipes!!) when I realized they had no idea what was wrong and were just going to replace each bit until it worked!

14 minutes ago, Cyker said:

What is an air mix dumper?! :eek: 

Still, could be worse, they wanted what would have amounted to nearly £4000 to basically replace the entire AC system bit by bit in my old Yaris (Which was worth considerably less than that!), only I stopped them after the first £1000 (For 2 pipes!!) when I realized they had no idea what was wrong and were just going to replace each bit until it worked!

Damn 😞 Thats really bad ... 

Its servo motor for air mix flow. Its part of AC system. And its behind the entire AC box so to change u have to remove entire AC. So i think Toyota didnt expect it will goes bad and it will need it to be changed. 

Ugh, yah that sounds like a dash-out job so the labour will be high.

Are they absolutely sure that is the problem and it's not something like a dodgy wire or some plastic arm has broken or something?

That was what was so aggrivating with my one - At first they said it was the pipes leaking, so I let them replace them, only for the system to stop working again in less than a week, then they decided it was the AC compressor and the condenser and I was like, how did you not spot that before then? How did your diagnosis go from leaking pipes to a failed compressor all of a sudden? So now I am have very little confidence in their diagnostics as I feel they rely too much on the computer and not enough on wit and experience.

But my dealer has history for this sort of half-donkey incompetence - Hopefully yours is better!!

2 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Ugh, yah that sounds like a dash-out job so the labour will be high.

Are they absolutely sure that is the problem and it's not something like a dodgy wire or some plastic arm has broken or something?

That was what was so aggrivating with my one - At first they said it was the pipes leaking, so I let them replace them, only for the system to stop working again in less than a week, then they decided it was the AC compressor and the condenser and I was like, how did you not spot that before then? How did your diagnosis go from leaking pipes to a failed compressor all of a sudden? So now I am have very little confidence in their diagnostics as I feel they rely too much on the computer and not enough on wit and experience.

But my dealer has history for this sort of half-donkey incompetence - Hopefully yours is better!!

Damn ... u really had bad dealer. I understand how u were feeling ... i would go nuts 😞 

I send them video of problem. They didnt have the car on inspection. 

They speculate it could be. 

Gonna wait i have another way of fixing this and if it wont work ill drive the car to them to be 100% sure of it. 

They were fully cooparate with me but still i didnt expect something like this since car is not that old. I really started to question about quality.

Remove the mode actuator/motor and see if the mode door moves by hand or the motor moves when not attached, 7 year old car with 210k km something is going to break at some point

is it a LHD or RHD car as i see you're from Slovenia

29 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Remove the mode actuator/motor and see if the mode door moves by hand or the motor moves when not attached, 7 year old car with 210k km something is going to break at some point

is it a LHD or RHD car as i see you're from Slovenia

Thats the problem. If i could remove motor i would fix it or buy new one and change. But i dont want to tear the dash. I already removed that hand that goes to white rotor for door and yes its movin freely. But anything more to try i have to remove the box that is in the way. I tried to remove this white rotor but i think u cant remove it.

Yeah im from Slovenia and is LHD. Problem is in passenger side. I hook it up to Carista OBD and is giving me code B1421 (Solar Sensor Circuit - passenger side). I read this error is thrown becuse of this problem too.

ave1.jpg

ave2.jpg

Just to clarify ... Picture 2 -- white rotor is not connected to the actuator below. 

Actuator handling this white rotor is behind and its not accessible without removing box for AC. 

The lower front motor is for the air mix damper to get to the rear one you should not need to pull the dash the fan/cabin filter housing should unbolt once you remove the blower fan

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

The lower front motor is for the air mix damper to get to the rear one you should not need to pull the dash the fan/cabin filter housing should unbolt once you remove the blower fan

Da mn ... r u sure ? Dont want to brake something 😉 

Sounds easy but im not sure 😁

i think it's 5 bolts, you will need a long extension, i can't access the information at the moment

6 hours ago, Aids76 said:

Well just get a word from officall service here in our country 🙂 and is bad news for me. 

They stated that it looks like air mix dumper goes bad and it needs replacing. 5 hours time for replacing + new dumper cca. 220€.

They refuse to fix it for free, becuse car is almoust 7 years old and it has 210k + km done. They said its normal if something goes bad. They stated Toyota has 3 year garranty or 100km. Cost for fix is 500€ + -. 

Im so angry at them. Its my 7th Toyota. Well ... i think this part is not supposed to go bad. It should last lifetime of the car. 

Frustrated ash 😞 

those new shapr toyota avensis withe the ww2 engines give some bother bad enought the bmw engine and yet this ac thing that should never break and should last the life time of the car .that would sicken my ******* enought that id flog it on down the road if things like that are breaking . dose these things break in the last gen with the 1adftv engine 2014 gen 

It's not uncommon, given the mileage - look at anything French/PSA interior stuff breaks very easily at anything over 40k miles, BMW mini (psa engines) leak oil like a sieve at anything over 60-70K and are usual need a re-seal by 120k miles (typically an engine out job)

parts only have a limited life span before they fail

Ok i agree with u bro. 

And im still in love with Toyota 🙂 As long it doesnt leave me on the road im gonna be happy ... well by now i had several and none of them left me on the road. My wife has Auris 2012 and is her sweetheart and no problems at all. 

Found one mechanic here who has history with Toyota cars and he said it will fix it ... dont ask the price 🙂 around 30-50€. He said he had some of these faults and he fix them. So fingers crossed 😉

And ... funny thing 🙂 my daughter is now looking for Yaris as she finished driving license ... so i guess 3rd Toyota is coming in our family 😂

I would like to thanks all of u for help opinions and advices.

🙏🍻 Cheers

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links