Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MyT app update

ernieb

1 minute ago, nlee said:

As an aside, I thought I'd check again this afternoon and I'm getting the almost monthly "we can't log you in" situation again!

This is what seamless looks like 😂.

• Haha 1

I have had the We can't message and logged in moments later.  My suspicion is that there is a log in queue and it's full.  As more cars get smart more people will be connecting, as more cars etc.  I just hope they increase server capacity to match.

4 hours ago, Roy124 said:

I have had the We can't message and logged in moments later.  My suspicion is that there is a log in queue and it's full.  As more cars get smart more people will be connecting, as more cars etc.  I just hope they increase server capacity to match.

If they don't they are going to have an awful lot of disappointed bz4x'ers.....

Mind you - how many do you think they'll shift? It's getting quite crowded out there.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to get a notification on my phone, from the app, if the doors were unlocked; I no longer do, does anyone else get the notification? I've checked my phone settings and notifications are turned on for the app.

Its not a big deal, since the app sometimes takes a while to acknowledge a change in state; but it was handy.

My phones is a Samsung S22, with up-to-date software.

I still get the notification on my iPhone 13

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shootgun said:

I still get the notification on my Iphone 13

I have never seen that function on MyT for my PHEV......is it unique to the HEV?

11 minutes ago, Hayzee said:

I have never seen that function on MyT for my PHEV......is it unique to the HEV?

... and I've never seen that function on MyT for my HEV ...

I guess that would require the "doors locked" state to be sent by the car to Toyota's servers - maybe when the driver locks the doors so that absence of that notification a few minutes after the end of a journey would suggest that the driver hadn't locked the doors. Maybe earlier cars like mine didn't send such a notification anyway. And/or, maybe, in a more recent update at Toyota's end they decided not to record whether the car's doors were locked for security reasons? Merely surmising ... 😉

On the main page of the app there is a little padlock symbol, it is closed when the car is locked (as in the image), but open when the doors/windows are open and the key is away from the car.  It can sometimes take a while for the car to update the state to the app. My app still shows this, but I used to get a notification from the phone if the doors/windows were left open, which doesn't happen anymore which was the basis of my question.

Screenshot_20220710-104420_MyT.thumb.jpg.805ffebf369d62e54b3c2315d355b591.jpg

20 minutes ago, Saxacat said:

On the main page of the app there is a little padlock symbol, it is closed when the car is locked (as in the image), but open when the doors/windows are open and the key is away from the car.  It can sometimes take a while for the car to update the state to the app. My app still shows this, but I used to get a notification from the phone if the doors/windows were left open, which doesn't happen anymore which was the basis of my question.

Screenshot_20220710-104420_MyT.thumb.jpg.805ffebf369d62e54b3c2315d355b591.jpg

That doesn't exist on my version of the app

Screenshot_20220710-111015.thumb.png.aed9a33afb77cd691bd25b3b1811342b.png

1 hour ago, Hayzee said:

That doesn't exist on my version of the app

Screenshot_20220710-111015.thumb.png.aed9a33afb77cd691bd25b3b1811342b.png

I am surprised, I thought the app had more functionality for the PHEV than for the HEV; obviously not 😲

Edwar

Just now, Saxacat said:

I am surprised, I thought the app had more functionality for the PHEV than for the HEV; obviously not 😲

Edward, can you lock/unlock doors as well?

It’s available in the US for the PHEV as far as I know but not currently in the UK. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hayzee said:

Edwar

Edward, can you lock/unlock doors as well?

Sadly no Colin 🙁

Its one of my biggest moans about the app; my daughter can on her BMW using their app; my mate can on his Volvo. 

On the HEV, it will give you details of your last journey; it will give you the car's location (both of these can be temperamental). It gives the current odo reading, how much fuel and an indication of whether the doors/windows are secured; service record and journey planner and that's about it. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Saxacat said:

Sadly no Colin 🙁

Its one of my biggest moans about the app; my daughter can on her BMW using their app; my mate can on his Volvo. 

On the HEV, it will give you details of your last journey; it will give you the car's location (both of these can be temperamental). It gives the current odo reading, how much fuel and an indication of whether the doors/windows are secured; service record and journey planner and that's about it. 

And mine will do all that, bar the lock status - there is simply no icon on the app. But mine's a Samsung S7 with the latest software available for an S7 (which is a few versions of 'droid back from the latest).

The PHEV has additional functionality to show Battery charge state, car preconditioning and to access EV charge points - all of which is pretty irrelevant to the HEV.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 10:10 AM, Hayzee said:

I do not know, but if i leave the car unlocked or a window open, for couple of minutes, i get the notification right away.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links