Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charging Phone in Aygo X

152bobby

I know it's early days with anyone who has actually got their hands on a Aygo X....but I could do with some feedback from others on charging phones either by cable or via the wireless pad.

My Google Pixel 5 just does not charge quick enough, in fact when it's charging wirelessly, the Battery % is decreasing.  I do get that using Google Maps kills a phone, but even when using a usb cable, it's still not keeping up !!

I'm not using Spotify, just DAB radio.

I think it's a combination of Google Maps and the Toyota Smart Connect.

Any others used the usb port or wireless charging pad in their new Aygo X ?

Not taken delivery of mine yet, supposed to be end of June/beginning July. When I do I’ll try and remember to post on here if I experience the same or not.

Does your phone move about on the charging pad? I have a charging pad at home and if I don’t place my phone on it in the correct position it doesn’t charge properly. Might be the same is happening if your phones not remaining in the same place? Just a thought.

Cheers, but its not moving around.  The charging pads in cars are specifically designed for that to not happen.  I have checked that it's always charging.

I probably just have to do a bit more digging as to what is going on. Hopefully it's something simple.

However, if I can't find out what's happening, I'm going to disable the Toyota Smart Connect and just do the usual bluetooth connection and forget about all the bits that I can do via the Toyota Smart Connect on my phone to the car remotely. Most of what it does, is just nice to have, but not essential.

Thanks.

I use the cigar plug to charge my phone so ACP does not deplete it on a long trip.

My Dongle enables ACP.

Built-in Charge Pads only maintain phone charge level & the Phone can get hot on a long journey.

Tel

• Thanks 1

I've gone the solution at the end of the thread below on my partners car (Edge model - it doesn't have wireless charging). 

It works fine although not as sleek as an inbuilt unit. Only just installed and not done any long drives but should have good performance from the lighter adaptor.

Also bought a wireless CarPlay adaptor (Edge has wired CP as standard). That works pretty well through bluetooth.

35 minutes ago, paulc1976 said:

I've gone the solution at the end of the thread below on my partners car (Edge model - it doesn't have wireless charging). 

It works fine although not as sleek as an inbuilt unit. Only just installed and not done any long drives but should have good performance from the lighter adaptor.

Also bought a wireless CarPlay adaptor (Edge has wired CP as standard). That works pretty well through bluetooth.

Not sure If I fully understand that interesting thread !  Surely Toyota did not put a charging pad in their latest cars which are not really meant for charging (or at least charging at a decent rate) ?

My phone connects wirelessly to everything in the car when it's in my pocket.

And is there more charging power coming from the cigarette lighter output, than the USB port ?

I’m not sure of the output of the Toyota charger but the sync wire one listed above is on Amazon (spec below). Would be worth asking the author of the original thread what he thinks of that solution.

• 【30W PD& 30W QC Fast Charing:】: USB-C port supports PD3.0 and USB-A port supports QC3.0, the output is maxed up to 30W when plug in any port alone and 24W maximum when charging 2 ports simultaneously. This in car charger will automatically adapt the output to each port accordingly, you can quickly complete charging while on the go

8 hours ago, paulc1976 said:

Glad you found it useful.

8 hours ago, BobbyMcLeish said:

Not sure If I fully understand that interesting thread !  Surely Toyota did not put a charging pad in their latest cars which are not really meant for charging (or at least charging at a decent rate) ?

Some models in the EU do get a factory-fitted wireless charging pad, but for some reason Toyota chose not to include this in the UK. The ESR MagSafe charger requires at least 18W with PD. So it can't be used with the factory USB port. The MagSafe will charge an iPhone wirelessly at 7.5W.

• Like 1

But they advertise it as wireless charging in the UK.  If it doesn't charge, then it's just a storage tray 🥺.  And it has a button, press it, put your phone on it and it says charging, but doesn't 🥺

I was referring more generally to the difference between EU and UK across various Toyota models; e.g. Yaris Cross. I must admit I am not familiar with the Aygo X trim levels, but I have just read that the Exclusive and Limited Edition models do (or should) have wireless charging in the UK.

• Thanks 1

Yes, my exclusive has, but it's not very good.  I've only had it a few days, I'll monitor it and see how it goes. Cheers

My Lexus has a charging pad that keeps my iPhone  charged whilst using ACP.

Therefore the Pad charge rate equals the the ACP consumption. It never exceeds it.

In the Aygo X,the Dongle connects ACP in under a minute & my iPhone never leaves my pocket but can charge my Device very quickly.

Tel

Anybody yet had their Aygo X Exclusive delivered? If so is the USB port a USB C or A?

8 minutes ago, Donrald said:

Anybody yet had their Aygo X Exclusive delivered? If so is the USB port a USB C or A?

USB A and also a good old cigarette lighter socket

I bought the below to plug into the cigarette lighter socket.  It sits nice and flush and gives more options to charge various devices.

USB C Car Charger Syncwire 30W PD&30W QC Smallest Fast USB Car Charger Adapter [Flush Fit] Metal LED Light Dual Port Cigarette Lighter Compatible with iPhone 13 12 Pro Max iPad Pro Google Pixel 6 Pro https://amzn.eu/d/jbwdiXT

• Like 1