Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2009 tr auris cigarette charger doesn't work

cdp33

I use a bluetooth fm transmitter that plugs into the cigarette lighter and connects too the radio. Works okay until you hit a slight bump in the road when the thing gets knocked off and doesn't work again until the car is turned off and back on. Doesnt work at all once the headlights are turned on. Have checked the fm transmitter in other cars and there no problems with it so it's obviously my car. Is there a way of fixing this and what could the problem be? Has anyone else had this problem?

Have considered buying a new bluetooth radio with carplay or something along those but wouldn't want to spend that much on something for it too maybe not work if it's like a Battery related issue. Any advice?

I have the same thing, and i don't know how a slight bump would knock it off, or even loose. 

When your lights are on, does the port work at all, did you use the cigarette lighter to verify there's power?

4 hours ago, furtula said:

I have the same thing, and i don't know how a slight bump would knock it off, or even loose. 

When your lights are on, does the port work at all, did you use the cigarette lighter to verify there's power?

No there's no power at all once the lights are on. Have tried the lighter to see but unfortunately not

There's a youtube vid to fix this. Check the fuse first, it's under the passenger side footwell, but it's most likely the fuse in the lighter itself which needs to be bypassed. 

Plugs often work loose with vibration but first unscrew plug and check security of soldered connections just try pulling the wires if it comes away resolder.

If plug is working loose change it with say the one on your tyre inflator.

Do not reverse polarity when changing plugs mark wires first ie with tape.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links