Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

C-HR Mega Road Trip

Chrisg99

16 minutes ago, Chrisg99 said:

New Itinerary

As of tonight (Saturday) Due to the release of the 2022 Beaujolais Nouveau next Thurday decreed by French law of 0001 on the third Thursday of November the itinerary has been extended by three days. The car, Driver and Navigator are all doing well. As all is set to KPH I will report the MPG at my return but appears to be doing 45-50 MPG with speeds of up to 130 KPH! strange.

The following are night stop overs. Avignon Sun, Nice Mon, Valence Tues, Beaujolais Wed, Troyes Thurs, Saint Quentin Fri, Waltham St Lawrence Sat and home Sunday.

By the return home we will have visited lots of places This morning was Bourges city and the magnificent cathedral. Millau bridge tomorrow. Verdon Gorge, Route Napolean (one of the ten most dangerous roads in Europe Epernay Reims (Champagne and the old GP circuit) and a lot of other places we would have never seen. Will get photos loaded ASAP.

• Like 4

We are now in the Beaujolais region ready for tomorrows release of 2022 Beaujolais Nouveau. Having spent the last three days in the Alps other than dropping into Nice and Monaco, with a fair amount of snow up them their hills. We saw our first snow ploughs today. Ready for wine and Champagne buying back to Eurotunnel Saturday, should be home Monday unfortunately.

• Like 4

The MEGA ROAD TRIP has concluded. We arrived back home this afternoon after travelling 2554.7 miles since leaving on the 10th and working out MPG to 52.4 which included three days in the French Alps and did we do some climbing but there again they say what goes up has to come down. Very satisfied with the performance etc. and with it being a Toyota never had an issue over the whole journey.

Can recommend a spur of the moment trip similar to this all we kept playing were two Bonnie Tyler songs, "Lost in France" and "Turn Around".

Next Mega Road Trip could be Austrailia but not with my C-HR! Motorhome flights from UK and return 14 days £2500 ish plus fuel, food etc.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like you had a great time and given the circumstances Im sure it helped you both. Quite jealous as pre-Covid we travelled France annually, visiting many of the locations you mentioned.

Our CHR has been swapped for a Mazda Yaris now. I would have no hesitation in taking it on the continent, however, it was bought as a local runaround not as a Continental mileage chomper.... we've ordered something else for that. Lookout La France, here we come!!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links