Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turbocharging Ae92gti?

sussex_ae92

anyone turbocharged this engine?ive heard that these engines are pretty tough.ive seen the bolt on turbo kits which run at 7psi,and give a 65% power increase.i have a brand new garrett t2,a gti-r intercooler,and an excellent exhaust fabricator nearby who can make me a manifold,intercooler piping,and custom exhaust.along with a good chip (unichip,or maybe hks f-con or apexi fuel cont) and an apexi boost controller.would also fit an uprated headgasket,im looking for around 200bhp?or am i hoping for to much?

I don't think the GTI engine can take it (4a-ge) I would go for the Supercharged one like many others on here - it might cope if the boost is kept down but then what's the point

hmmmm oh yeah it does have the dump valve option - that sounds very nice on ma bro's scooby lol

Later

I don't think the GTI engine can take it (4a-ge) I would go for the Supercharged one like many others on here - it might cope if the boost is kept down but then what's the point

hmmmm oh yeah it does have the dump valve option - that sounds very nice on ma bro's scooby lol

Later

might be a better idea to buy a bare 4AGZE engine from fensport for about £450....and start from there..stock 4agze pistons can take about 15psi of nboost..you should be able to find a turbo manifold off eBay somewhere..oh and the 4agze ecu is a good starting point too as it can already read boost....so will save any inital hassle for findina a stand alone system.... :hokus-pokus:

yup not worth it on the stock 4age, been and looked at this, you can convert what you have by fitting GZE pistons if you have a late spec 'small port' block and can deal with the fuel injectors.

Starting with a GZE is by far the best option, check out http://www.turbocorolla.com for all you need to know on the subject.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links