Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

android auto maps

brainii

hi.

is it possible for the bottom right image/screen to go away while using google navigation? i do t need to know distance/time and it sometimes gets in the way, just want to see the map. see pic

thanksIMG_20230114_120332.thumb.jpg.903ddb2e5b8de20bfd9fab8ca8a9f358.jpg

Did you press the X to the left?

The Android Auto Coolwalk update is also currently rolling out which will change the display behaviour as well. 

i did press it. that simply cancels the current navigation 

I use Waze because I found that irritating too.

1 hour ago, forkingabout said:

The Android Auto Coolwalk update is also currently rolling out which will change the display behaviour as well. 

I checked Google Play.  It said update.  I did but the version number didn't change.  What does Coolwalk do? 

It's a minor gripe for me - I can always see the area around the car and where I'm going so it's not an issue. What is more annoying is that most of the time when I plug the phone in it doesn't immediately list Maps as an available app. It seems like I have to first launch Maps and then plug the phone in.

Also I sometimes get a random American voice when starting off. And I've given up trying to tell Google that Pavillons Way is named after our twinned French town Pavillon-sous-Bois. Maps has always called it Pavilions Way ever since it first became available.

I also checked Google Play and updated (and had to restart the phone 3 times). Then updated all apps including android auto.

My android auto version is now 8.5.625224

I did not notice any changes on the car screen, maybe the new moonwalk or whatever version did not roll out yet in my country.

The annoying bot right box is still there and can't see a way to remove it.

If anyone thinks of something please update us.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Journey today, intermediate stop, restarted and suddenly there it was.  Had I not read about it here I might not even have noticed. 

On a different note, suddenly found how to get turn directions on the speed display.  Unlike the older Corolla display which was automatic, this was only by selection 

• 2 months later...

just to bump this .. I admit to being a complete numbskull when it comes to android auto so please excuse the possible stupid question. Can I use the car radio whilst using google maps on AA?

I think I just touched the white box and it vanished , I will check it again tomorrow when I go out.

14 hours ago, 50p said:

just to bump this .. I admit to being a complete numbskull when it comes to android auto so please excuse the possible stupid question. Can I use the car radio whilst using google maps on AA?

Yes you can use the car radio whilst AA is connected

• Like 1

On 4/18/2023 at 10:00 PM, 50p said:

Not only this is possible, it's also possible to listen to other sources and apps (such as Bluetooth). Also, google maps can be muted as well.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tfc said:

Yes you can use the car radio whilst AA is connected

What no one mentioned is how! 

With AA an extra item appears in the Audio mode selection (steering wheel lower right hand button). Use this to scroll through the source options, one of these will be AA. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links