Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2000 mile update

Donrald

Had my Aygo X Extreme automatic now for 5 months and done just over 2,000 miles. Once I turned about 1250 I noticed it was sounding smoother and a little quieter, not that it is noisy anyway. I had an odd noise that appeared when setting off and in a low gear but that gradually went. At 2000 miles it is probably setting down and suddenly a lot smoother than when I collected the car. Gear changing is smoother but that may be down to me getting used to use of the accelerator.

My overall average for fuel is 48.75 mpg. That includes a couple of long journeys, one of which got me up to 56.02 mpg. Local motoring it has dropped to 42.79.

The one irritating nuisance is having to switch lane assist off every time I start the car and also if setting cruise control to hold the button down to avoid it doing its own thing with vehicles in front. All I need is basic cruise control and surely that should be the default option as should lane assist?!

However, I am very pleased with my purchase. It is comfortable, quiet and reasonably economic. I have ordered a central arm rest!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

48.75mpg seems impressive. While I've seen 62mpg on a couple of trips, these days I am seeing a consistent trend of 34mpg out to work and 42mpg on way home. The entire drive (about 3.5 mi) is on rather up and down A roads.

• Like 2

On 2/8/2023 at 11:12 AM, aygowhereugo said:

48.75mpg seems impressive. While I've seen 62mpg on a couple of trips, these days I am seeing a consistent trend of 34mpg out to work and 42mpg on way home. The entire drive (about 3.5 mi) is on rather up and down A roads.

What petrol have you using, 95 or 99? If you haven’t tried 99 E5 you may try and see if you find any difference in performance and consumption, in my car the premium petrol return 3-5mpg more and the car overall drivability is better, smoother work and less engine noise. 

• Like 2

On 2/3/2023 at 10:30 AM, Donrald said:

I have ordered a central arm rest!

Which arm rest have you ordered? Armster? any pictures?

many thanks

There's a whole thread on Armrest, can't miss it !!

• Haha 1

On 2/13/2023 at 5:58 AM, TonyHSD said:

What petrol have you using, 95 or 99? If you haven’t tried 99 E5 you may try and see if you find any difference in performance and consumption, in my car the premium petrol return 3-5mpg more and the car overall drivability is better, smoother work and less engine noise. 

The last two refills have been on E10. The dealer mentioned that 'premium' is not really going to make a difference for this car. So I just went with E10.

1 hour ago, aygowhereugo said:

The last two refills have been on E10. The dealer mentioned that 'premium' is not really going to make a difference for this car. So I just went with E10.

It’s worth trying, Tesco momentum E5 99 is the same price as E10 95 from Shell or bp but it’s much better and will add another 3-5mpg 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

It’s worth trying, Tesco momentum E5 99 is the same price as E10 95 from shell or bp but it’s much better and will add another 3-5mpg 

Will give it a try at the next refill.

• Like 2

E5 is now called premium …but it was called standard before they introduced the e 10 

I will continue to use e5 … 

• Like 3

On 2/8/2023 at 11:12 AM, aygowhereugo said:

The engine is just about hot for your trip so it's normal as you're probably aware. Well spring is on the way. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links