Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

91 supra boost questions/probs.......

dross99_si

My buddy has a 91 turbo supra and he recently sent his turbo out to www.turbochargers.com for the rebuild/upgrade. We got it back, **** looked nice as hell, the turbine & compressor housings and inlet/outlet looked bigger as well as the wheels. Put it back on the car, broke it in properly for about 500-600mi, and my buddy says it don't feel as fast as it used to. I dunno what it is. List of all mods is as follows: K&N replacement filter, turbo xs bov, the upgraded turbo, hks 3" downpipe, custom exhaust piping, apex 3" muffler, turbo timer, manual boost controller, hks fuel cut defenser, hks metal headgasket (lowered compression a bit), and new set of factory plugs. That's about it. It's boosting about 8psi max right now. He says it just doesn't feel as fast as before (with the 100k mi wobbly shaft stock turbo) I don't get it. Have we come to a point where the stock intercooler and charge pipes have become too restrictive for the rest of the system? I was thinking he should buy an apex safc and take it to a dyno, up the boost a few psi and tune that !Removed!. If any of you guys have any suggestions it would be great. Thanks!

try joining UK Supra Owners club at www.supras.co.uk or Supra Owners Group International at www.supras.com

Either group will have the answer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links