Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Satnav

Sazk

My satnav on my 2019 Corolla hatchback is very out of date and they want a fortune to update it. I have been trying to connect my phone so that I can use Google maps but am having no success. Any advice would be gratefully received. Many thanks

The Corolla's in the UK, year build 2019, did not have 'Android Auto' or 'Apple carplay' and neither were fitted on this model. My Corolla which is January 2020 did not have them either. Your local Toyota dealer will retrofit this for you. Your phone will then work perfectly on fully on your display screen. Google maps, for instance is far superior yo Toyata's poor effort. Prior to fitting Android Auto I was regularly driving across 'fields' on my Toyota satnav. Sorry, offhand I can't remember the price.

Sarah, the MY19 Corolla was not configured for Android Auto.   A paid-for upgrade was available in mid-2020.  It is likely that you car was not upgraded.

At the time the upgrade was £50 when done during a service and £70 otherwise.  There was something about that in the forum within the last few days.  In that instance the car was sold second hand as Android Auto capable.   The question was did this mean it had been upgraded or was capable of being upgraded.

Whichever it is in your case, ask the dealer to check its software status or get it upgraded at your expense.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links