Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 1.4D acceleration issue

Joco

Hello,

I have an issue with my Toyota Corolla 1.4D 2004 while accelerating. I start at 2nd gear and 1500rpm with full pushed pedal for accelerating. At around 1800rpm the turbine kicks and continues accelerating until 3000rpm. At 3000rpm happens a short power loss (less than a second) and then comes a greater boost, afterwards happens the same a few more times while accelerating.
Note: This happens only one time and I’m doing the test on working temperature of the engine. When I try to accelerate again engine is accelerating normally.

Does anybody has an idea what can cause this problem?

Thank you in advance.

The only thing I can think of off-hand is if the vanes in the turbo were sticking momentarily (The 1ND-TV has a variable geometry turbo!!), but if it's only happened once then don't worry about it.

Maybe stick some Shell V-Power diesel in it now and then to help keep it clean!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/19/2024 at 7:59 PM, Cyker said:

The only thing I can think of off-hand is if the vanes in the turbo were sticking momentarily (The 1ND-TV has a variable geometry turbo!!), but if it's only happened once then don't worry about it.

Maybe stick some Shell V-Power diesel in it now and then to help keep it clean!

Thank You Cyker on your detailed explanation. I’ll try to use Shell V-Power diesel as you suggested. I’m very greatful to You.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links