Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

IQ supercharged in ebay

STEVEJAMES

Just found this on eBay for sale. Looks really good.I can't find how to copy link to this page so just took a screenshot. Just type Toyota iq on eBay and it should come up

Screenshot_20240305-144857.png

• Like 5

Thanks mjolinor, I couldn't find a way of doing it😂

What a lovely-looking, cute little car - but over-priced?

It would be for an IQ, but as a one-of-a-kind riced-to-the-nines modded IQ I think they're hoping a collector or enthusiast will stump up for it.

It's still cheaper than my Yaris was! :crybaby: 

17" wheels on an IQ lol same as the MK4 excel haha. Looks cool on the iq 

Probably lowered too; Poor thing wouldn't survive 5 minutes inside the M25 :laugh: 

• Haha 3

A couple of observations:

- It's nice! I do think this is tastefully Jap-style. 
- They've gone through ALL that trouble sourcing parts directly from Japan, which has clearly cost an arm and a leg, and then they've stuck a Battery from Halfords in there! Tsk tsk tsk...
- It's got the CVT. This gearbox starts whining and misbehaving if you drive it just a little bit hard, with a 1.0 engine. This has the 1.33 AND a supercharger. You better be light on the foot.
- It's an older IQ.

Still, it's hard to put a price on these things as it would be pretty costly to do this yourself.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It'd only get that money from a JDM enthusiast; Nobody else would appreciate all those details and the provenance of all the mods enough to stump up that sort of money...

• Like 1

Right. Unless you do a full resto-mod of a classic car, you'd hardly ever get the money back on a modified modern car. You do it for the love. You only live once.

• Like 2

I think this is the one from Wales that was on Autotrader some time back for over £20k

value wise it has more than likely had £20-30K spent on it

tbh it is worth no more than £2-3K over a standard one, but it's priceless to the right buyer

the CVT is different from the 1.0 compared to the 1.3 it should be ok with a fluid cooler

no matter the car it's never a good personal financial investment

• Like 2

It'd be fun to book it in for a service at a dealer and see the confusion on the face of the service agent when they see it and the mechanics when they open the bonnet :laugh: 

I'm still trying to imagine how they fit the supercharger into the IQ's engine bay!! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

Oh my god that is so cute!!!! :laugh: 

Looks like a retro hair dryer! (Would the hair dryer generate more puff?! 😃)

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2024 at 5:58 PM, flash22 said:

...no matter the car it's never a good personal financial investment

Cars may devalue, but my campervan is worth £15k more than when I bought it 4 years ago (+40%). It was a surprise to me, but I'll take it!

• Like 3

On 3/10/2024 at 1:37 PM, 74hct04 said:

Looks like a retro hair dryer! (Would the hair dryer generate more puff?! 😃)

120-130 bhp

• Like 3

That turbo is huge compared to my Smart car.

This is what falls out when the shaft breaks. Slightly bigger than one inch but my god it packs a punch.

IMG_20240311_141750.jpg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Mjolinor said:

That turbo is huge compared to my Smart car.

This is what falls out when the shaft breaks. Slightly bigger than one inch but my god it packs a punch.

IMG_20240311_141750.jpg

it's not a turbo, it's a centrifugal  supercharger (Rotax C15-16) whats 114mm body, the baby pic above is a Rotax C8 (91mm)

• Like 2

If I were the sentimental sort, that baby 🐥 supercharger pic would provoke an involuntary ahhhh.

I find miniature engineering quite fascinating.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

That was on there when I bought my IQ in October 2022 and has been on ever since. It was at 25k and keeps getting reduced. The cost of advertising on AT probably means they have spent a few thousand just advertising it so far too. Crazy.

• Like 2

Yeah they really need to target enthusiasts, maybe show it off at some big car meets or give it to Shmee150 or Harry's Garage to play with for more exposure; The typical autotrader browser isn't going to be interested in something so quirky...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links