Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

C-hr rear visibility

Chas G

Just bought the wife a mk1 c-hr dynamic..... Rear view pritty poor but she's coming from a prius so it's hardly any different.

Design inside is really good but corolla materials (excel) are are slightly better with the exception of the seats, I personally find c-hr seats a little more comfortable.. The corolla are more supportive. 

I'd be more than happy with c-hr... Love the suspension and taller tyres. 

• Like 4

I thought the Prius had pretty good rear visibility? I always thought that extra window in the back of the boot was a genius idea!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I thought the Prius had pretty good rear visibility? I always thought that extra window in the back of the boot was a genius idea!

It does.  

• Like 2

"

To be fair, there are bad HGV drivers too -

I agree and the same can be said for car drivers, motorcycle riders, cyclists and Motability scooter riders 😉 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

cyclists and Motability scooter riders

Aye, these haven't had any training at all on how to use roads and footpaths (not pavements, that is the surface of a road) apart from of course, the cycling proficiency test, which I assume now instructs them to ride at high speed on the footpath, and then randomly swing onto the road without looking,in the hope of a hefty payout from the poor car driver's insurance for their own stupidity.

The mobility scooter riders/drivers are however something else, only yesterday I went to drop off my repeat script at the surgery ,aka doctors.

The letterbox for these is just past the main automatic doors,a giant mobility scooter,shot out of the doors without looking in any direction at all.

Last Wednesday a scooter swung onto a pedestrian crossing, not the sort that are light controlled, but the flashing beacon sort that AFAIK, you look, make it obvious you want to cross, and then when sure the drivers on the road have seen you and stopped, start to cross.

Not this one, no looking, no stopping, just swung onto the crossing while still moving in the direction of the footpath until that point, completely ignoring or oblivious to moving cars and vans carefully looking out for such lemmings, I had to stand on the brakes yet again to save them, and yes I saw them trundling along , so maybe I should assume that they all will do that.

Now I have every empathy for disabled people, being somewhat limited myself in walking and moving, but I really think that if you have no clue on how to behave on roads and footpaths, then really there should be some compulsory training, like there is for mopeds and small motorcycles,ie CBT.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2024 at 1:30 PM, Cyker said:

That's another thing - In London, 1.5ft is a LOT of space - If you stopped at that you'd *NEVER* get your vehicle into a street parking space. When we park cars here, we are working with INCHES of clearance, not FEET!!

These systems are just not set up correctly for urban use.

The funny thing is, in my old cars I could get them into much tighter spaces far easier than I can the Mk4 - They didn't have any fancy parking sensors or cameras; What they had was decent all-round visibility. I find the Mk4 much harder to get into a space because the camera is only useful for distance at the lines, but beyond that it's no help and the wonky perspective messes with your angles, but because the rear 270 visibility is much worse I have far less reference points and spacial awareness. Also because it beeps incessantly and throws off my concentration when I'm trying to look everywhere.

It is sooo much easier when you have good visibility and things aren't beeping at you and stealing your focus and concentration!!

"That's another thing - In London, 1.5ft is a LOT of space - If you stopped at that you'd *NEVER* get your vehicle into a street parking space. When we park cars here, we are working with INCHES of clearance, not FEET!!" 

Deffinitly glad I'm in Yorkshire..... cheers, Mark

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Yeah you lot don't know how lucky you are, not living in an ultra-dense urban environment! :crybaby: It gets worse every year as councils aggressively push CPZs on the residents :sad: 

It does make my life easier when I do need to park outside of London though - I can get in spaces more sensible people pass up! :laugh: 

• Like 4

Rear visibility has not been an issue and it will be presented in any car that has different shake from classic saloon or estate like square Volvo or vw. When parking we have side mirrors and reversing camera which work great. 
The problem with chr design and many more later models made by Toyota is the trend of sacrificing interior headroom and legroom in favour to car dynamics and drivability, or simply for aesthetic reasons., to make their cars look different, sportier than what actually they are. All that to be competitive because todays buyers buy things because they can not because they need. 
If chr was slightly more simple in terms of design, interior space and brightness it would be much more successful seller imo. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2024 at 3:47 PM, TonyHSD said:

Rear visibility has not been an issue and it will be presented in any car that has different shake from classic saloon or estate like square Volvo or vw. When parking we have side mirrors and reversing camera which work great. 
The problem with chr design and many more later models made by Toyota is the trend of sacrificing interior headroom and legroom in favour to car dynamics and drivability, or simply for aesthetic reasons., to make their cars look different, sportier than what actually they are. All that to be competitive because todays buyers buy things because they can not because they need. 
If chr was slightly more simple in terms of design, interior space and brightness it would be much more successful seller imo. 

Have to agree. Having previously owned VW Tourans, afraid I am looking at these again for my next change of car.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links