Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Yaris (part one)

anchorman

Just off to get it but I always like the returning car to not be an embarrassment so it’s had a quick clean up.  It’ll make somebody a cracking little motor.  I’ll show you the new one real soon.  

IMG_0357.jpeg

IMG_0360.jpeg

IMG_0359.jpeg

IMG_0358.jpeg

IMG_0357.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

We are definitely of a common mind over these things! 😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just like when I PXd my first car.  It was immaculate and I hoped for top dollar.   I drove into Stamford in probably the filthiest day of the year. 

In the event I could have driven through a crew yard as the price was as per Glasses. 

• Like 2

Part 2 a.

This is for Colin or anybody else waiting for a 130.  This one had just rolled off a transporter.  I asked what the sketch was with the insurance and got a lot of blank looks so I think they genuinely didn’t know.

IMG_0365.jpeg

IMG_0364.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Part 2 b.

Well it’s here and I must say I’m quite taken by it.  The colour is superb (Juniper Blue) although it looks similar to the Cross blue - maybe a little bit darker..... you decide.

IMG_0361.thumb.jpeg.f27538df8e57836cf83391c02d0afe6b.jpeg

IMG_0362.thumb.jpeg.5c26ddc000d64e76ccb37cdec0b60386.jpeg

IMG_0363.thumb.jpeg.b2fbc6470835091f0905f128268cc4c4.jpeg

4 miles on the clock so absolutely out of the box.  This is running round the factory and various harbours.

IMG_0366.thumb.jpeg.4b08a3bd746993063f87a316fa41c449.jpeg

We had some time going through the dash options and there are many single and double clock types.  We settled on this double;

IMG_0384.thumb.jpeg.8b6cda5dc33f86c23deb6bb75d9b1f4b.jpeg

IMG_0371.thumb.jpeg.4c21af491dee3e959bd578fd5b1b605e.jpeg

In the boot, this one has a deck board and while the previous model had a spacesaver, this one has tyre gunk.  The accessory kit comes with all Toyota/Lexus models now.

IMG_0367.thumb.jpeg.dd4bd369b2f8cee5c3574b2daf23119e.jpeg

IMG_0368.thumb.jpeg.0c5ab9d3b63042ff9cedd9270ebe1176.jpeg

IMG_0369.thumb.jpeg.0d925bba2ec9648a274d90a96f258570.jpeg

The wheels are sensational I’m my opinion, if they were 18 inch, I’d quite like them on the Lexus;

IMG_0376.thumb.jpeg.2c40ad286329ae43899a917cd0c2fb0f.jpeg

Moving to the inside and look what we’ve got here.  Really!!! LED lights - thank you Toyota.  

IMG_0372.thumb.jpeg.1d4be9554e15dac1f7a15b3aada431cc.jpeg

Nothing in the back on this car but there might be on other models.  Why?  Well this one has a pan roof option - very nicely executed too.

IMG_0374.thumb.jpeg.102fb9d75042e423c80a01dd441a5c17.jpeg

IMG_0387.thumb.jpeg.028abb987aa25960baed1862e611b284.jpeg

Nanoe-x climate, USB C’s, cordless charging and the usual layout....

IMG_0382.thumb.jpeg.e1005403586959ec449fc74a14ac65e8.jpeg

IMG_0378.thumb.jpeg.cec19586d21ca8c257749792bd8f433a.jpeg

IMG_0380.thumb.jpeg.fe21fe20c55cd7b3b80c25dc307325a7.jpeg

IMG_0381.thumb.jpeg.026f3b2c7e7148a04c67e8866a675d80.jpeg

Infotainment screen is big and bright although I noticed the rear view camera was a bit grainy.  The sound is good.  The vents are in a much more sensible place and we could feel them on the 12 mile return journey.  It really is beneficial to leave the climate control in the auto position, oh and the app is far better than the Cross was and my Lexus, you can set any temperature and it’s all colour coded.  You can also lock, unlock and set the hazard warning to help you find it in a dark car park.

IMG_0379.thumb.jpeg.678a8fa859dbccd96528663507b7bbb9.jpeg

I thought I’d have a little look at those rear henges.  Weren’t they two bolt fixings?  These are single and they have been daubed in a thick coat of corrosion inhibitor.  I think the problem was more chemical than rust in origin but we might learn more with time.

IMG_0388.thumb.jpeg.acb6349e5f138a5173fa0aec7755d77f.jpeg

The boot floor still has the stain from the electrostatic dip - that’s fine.

IMG_0389.thumb.jpeg.4cd9efc723ead247f9cd982b53f4e9f4.jpeg

I know, I know, you want to know about the Battery.  Well all I can tell you is that it has been changed but quite what to I’m not sure.  The Mutlu has gone but there are literally no other markings in view and I didn’t think it fair to dismantle my friend's and more than I did to examine it.  It looks very much like a different Battery but I can’t tell you at this stage whether it is an upgraded Mutlu or something else - the stickers are at the back but you could see them previously.  Something to discuss and speculate on!!!

IMG_0377.thumb.jpeg.69f3b1551f2471a44e869c8f32d3907a.jpeg

Engine layout is the same and still one single tiny vibrating disc horn.

IMG_0385.thumb.jpeg.0240b6ebf7592e6534e6bd89965023c4.jpeg

Might be my imagination but it did seem a bit more insulated to ride in.  It also has safe exit assist to warn about passing cars and bikes.  I would prefer Queen Boadicea extending blades to pass bikes but you know I’m a grumpy so and so.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

That's a nice blue,are you going on a long drive tonight to give it a try out?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

That's a nice blue,are you going on a long drive tonight to give it a try out?

I'm not Paul, it’s not mine but the lady that owns it will probably wait until tomorrow I think.

• Like 2

Looking good but those wheels look like a nightmare to clean! 😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Fantastic photos Don gorgeous colour and those wheels look amazing 

• Like 4

Forgot to mention that the lane departure only needs a short press to sack it now and the traffic sign recognition seemed very good.  It bongs (that’s high description of the sound!) and flashes at a speed change point.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, CPN said:

Dead easy with a decent wheel brush Colin 

IMG_4894.JPG

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, CPN said:

That's the first thought that came into my head. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Are the seats all fabric or half leather ?

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind some boadiceas on mine some days!! :laugh: Less so for cyclists and more for SUVs though!

Is that more representative of how the blue looks in real life then? Looks really nice, much better than the Toyota photos - It's so much lighter and pastelier in the Toyota press photos!

The vents do look much better positioned - Hopefully won't bake/freeze the bottom of the headunit so much now! But I do lament the loss of the shelf that was there - One less place to put stuff! :sad: 

I thought you'd be more upset with them putting LED bulbs in - One less excuse for you to pull the car apart! :laugh: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Deployable towed caltrops would work.   A pair of Claymores incase of lorries slip streaming.

We were following a foreign lorry one day that had a warning at the back - if you're closer than 100 feet you will be shot.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Countryside said:

Are the seats all fabric or half leather ?

Fabric I think.  Yeah, fabric.  

I suppose they could have moved the Mutlu sticker 🤔🤔

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I wouldn't mind some boadiceas on mine some days!! :laugh: Less so for cyclists and more for SUVs though!

Is that more representative of how the blue looks in real life then? Looks really nice, much better than the Toyota photos - It's so much lighter and pastelier in the Toyota press photos!

The vents do look much better positioned - Hopefully won't bake/freeze the bottom of the headunit so much now! But I do lament the loss of the shelf that was there - One less place to put stuff! :sad: 

I thought you'd be more upset with them putting LED bulbs in - One less excuse for you to pull the car apart! :laugh: 

It’s a very good representation of both blues.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, anchorman said:

Dead easy with a decent wheel brush Colin 

IMG_4894.JPG

Show off! 😉 (that looks exactly like the wheel brush that I have! - I'm just getting a bit back achy in my old age lol!))

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

Fabric I think.  Yeah, fabric.  

Let’s keep with your first thoughts Don it’s been upgraded looks a different Battery 👍👌

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don I don’t think the lovely alloys have changed on the new 2024 Yaris excel here is a 2 year old excel 

IMG_1110.jpeg

• Like 4

Yep , they're the same on my 21 Excel  😊

• Like 3

Gorgeous wheels jasper do you like your Yaris excel ?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, anchorman said:

I'm afraid that's still Mutlu, just another batch (hopefully redesigned and fixed) as the production code and dual positive/negative indications look identical to previous Mutlu.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Just now, hind said:

I'm afraid that's still Mutlu, just another batch (hopefully redesigned and fixed) as the production code and dual positive/negative indications look identical to previous Mutlu.

Yes, I’d have to remove it fully to be 100% sure.  The last one I did had the labels visible with the seat cushion removed.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, hind said:

Omg !

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links