Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Yaris (part one)

anchorman

2 hours ago, Countryside said:

Gorgeous wheels jasper do you like your Yaris excel ?

Love it..

2 hours ago, anchorman said:

Yes, I’d have to remove it fully to be 100% sure.  The last one I did had the labels visible with the seat cushion removed.  

Looks like its this design - hard to tell if capacity has changed without taking it out..

on the plus side, looks like it was manufactured/filled c 10 weeks ago..

yaris battery.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mr_blibby said:

Looks like its this design - hard to tell if capacity has changed without taking it out..

on the plus side, looks like it was manufactured/filled c 10 weeks ago..

yaris battery.png

Err, perhaps look again? That date stamped in the black section under "D-116" says "230104" and that is in the format commonly used in computing as "YYMMDD" meaning that it was first manufactured and filled 4th January 2023!!! That is a full year and 2 months ago!!

3 minutes ago, CPN said:

Err, perhaps look again? That date stamped in the black section under "D-116" says "230104" and that is in the format commonly used in computing as "YYMMDD" meaning that it was first manufactured and filled 4th January 2023!!! That is a full year and 2 months ago!!

Sorry, I meant on the photo Anchorman posted which I think had 240110 unless I'm interpreting it incorrectly ?

10 minutes ago, mr_blibby said:

Sorry, I meant on the photo Anchorman posted which I think had 240110 unless I'm interpreting it incorrectly ?

Ah right. I thought you were referring to the picture in your post! 😉

Yes, that would be the 10th January 2024 this year.

12 minutes ago, CPN said:

Ah right. I thought you were referring to the picture in your post! 😉

Yes, that would be the 10th January 2024 this year.

No problem....looks like Toyota have now confirmed its the same Battery judging by the reply on their blog yesterday...

Screenshot toyota.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

That is such a cop out! ☹️

• Like 3

I’m shocked 

• Like 2

Where the car was manufactured ? France or CZ ?

• Like 1

Looking at the date code, it is the same but one of the peculiarities of this forum is that I can’t edit it.  However, if Toyota and Mutlu are to avoid endless warranty claims, they should have improved the quality of the product by now.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Countryside said:

I’m shocked 

Call for paramedics!   Sorry, can’t help it when I see that word used for anything else but shock 😮😉👍

• Haha 4

I’m surprised awell off person hasn’t took legal action against Toyota ?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Countryside said:

I’m surprised awell off person hasn’t took legal action against Toyota ?

I don’t think they’d have a case Michael.  It isn’t a safety issue it can be a super irritation.  

• Like 1

Decided apart from the Battery, I really like the car, so just going to swap out the untrustworthy Mutlu for a YBX5202 when I get the car.... you can pick them up for c £70, so by the time you've faffed about with chargers and boosters etc I cant see its worth the effort or angst....would anyone interested in a new (very lightly used) Mutlu in a few weeks time 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

Great photos Don.  I only wish manufacturers would show the same detailed photos in their shiny brochures rather than producing images of nice people with bleached teeth and having the latest hair styles.  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Jimota said:

Great photos Don.  I only wish manufacturers would show the same detailed photos in their shiny brochures rather than producing images of nice people with bleached teeth and having the latest hair styles.  

I’m a lot cheaper too 😉

• Haha 2

On 3/19/2024 at 6:48 PM, anchorman said:

I thought I’d have a little look at those rear henges.  Weren’t they two bolt fixings?  These are single and they have been daubed in a thick coat of corrosion inhibitor.  I think the problem was more chemical than rust in origin but we might learn more with time.

IMG_0388.thumb.jpeg.acb6349e5f138a5173fa0aec7755d77f.jpeg

I gave a look to my one ( MY20 ) and there's no difference

1710981316222.jpg

• Like 5

15 hours ago, anchorman said:

Looking at the date code, it is the same but one of the peculiarities of this forum is that I can’t edit it.  However, if Toyota and Mutlu are to avoid endless warranty claims, they should have improved the quality of the product by now.  

Just been on Chr forum and same problems there with the Turkish Battery and yet I’ve done 21000 miles in 3 years in my Chr no problem at all and started after 3 weeks in hospital ! Your right Don I shouldn’t worry 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/19/2024 at 8:35 PM, CPN said:

Show off! 😉 (that looks exactly like the wheel brush that I have! - I'm just getting a bit back achy in my old age lol!))

At least with the Hybrid,  doing away with the brakes means we don't need a stiff brush to get rid of the brake dust; my least favourite job on the E Class.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Roy124 said:

At least with the Hybrid,  doing away with the brakes means we don't need a stiff brush to get rid of the brake dust; my least favourite job on the E Class.

Your car doesn’t have brakes??? 😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

Nice pictures, thanks for the review.

Given my user name I must be the only one feeling any sort of satisfaction that it still has the Mutley Battery 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

35 minutes ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

Nice pictures, thanks for the review.

Given my user name I must be the only one feeling any sort of satisfaction that it still has the Mutley battery 😉

Kindred spirits!

• Haha 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links