Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Permanently disable LTA and RSA

Deco Diva

I have bought an Aygo Exclusive 2024.  Does anyone know of a way of disabling the LTA and RSA permanently instead of having to do it each time you start a journey.  I know you can disable the LTA with the button the steering wheel and the RSA through the menu options but of course they come back on when you restart your car.  It is particularly annoying as negotiating the many potholes inevitably mean you cross a white line at some stage and as it is a car with a small engine (no problem for me) you have to accelerate uphill especially if you have more than one person in the car and if you happen to go just 1 mile over speed limit it starts beeping which I am finding extremely annoying.  Dealership have no idea - if anyone has managed this on an Aygo your advice would be very welcome!

No.

As above No ...it's alright people saying you should have known about this BUT the dealer should have also mentioned it as i am sure a number of people would not buy a new car knowing these systems can't be disabled once and remain off.

Some car companies have adopted a better approach than Toyota and have a simple button to switch the audible sound off every time rather than having to go through a long winded menu.

On LTA, get in the habit using the indicators.  This handy gadget performs two functions, it warns other road users that you are intentionally avoiding or aiming at them.  Another possibly unknown effect is to mute the LTA and even stops trying to pull you back.

I haven't tried driving with the right indicator permanently on to see of it permanently mutes the LTA as the incessant clicking is annoying. ⁶

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

speed limiters become compulsory as of July 22 for new cars, as of 7th July 2024 any new car for sale needs one, if it doesn't have it, it needs to be retrofitted

so legally a dealer can not disable it permanently

LTA can be disabled with Techsteam if the dealer knows how to do it is another matter

• Like 1

Simple solution that covers both; put a sticker over the camera*. But then you'll have the camera warning on the dashboard. 

(*all said in jest - not a serious solution)

19 hours ago, Roy124 said:

On LTA, get in the habit using the indicators.  This handy gadget performs two functions, it warns other road users that you are intentionally avoiding or aiming at them.  Another possibly unknown effect is to mute the LTA and even stops trying to pull you back.

I haven't tried driving with the right indicator permanently on to see of it permanently mutes the LTA as the incessant clicking is annoying. ⁶

Its a bit annoying when I've been driving through roadworks that have those plastic temporary lanes, it sends it going crazy because it doesn't pick those up.

• Like 1

Isobel, quite agree, the car has beeps, burps and bongs for about everything and apart from annoying can also be confusing.   In time I think we just tune out.

I had one SatNav nagger "slow down,  you are exceeding the speed limit".  Worked, bit the brain can still switch off Bitching Betty.

The worse sound I have is a home, a discrete beep, daylight hours only, repeated every few minutes to tell me my smoke alarm needs a new Battery.  Only snag is which one.  We have 5 alarms and no clue which one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Good point to highlight in regards to using the indicator.  I ALWAYS indicate, so I never really have this issue when crossing a line 👍

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, 152bobby said:

Good point to highlight in regards to using the indicator.  I ALWAYS indicate, so I never really have this issue when crossing a line 👍

Although indicating each time i intentionally cross the line while straightening a winding country road is OTT.

I can get a tune going with lane crossing and speed excursions - just blank them out.

I wrote to a big local store complaining about missing speed signage on exit.  Have also written to our council.   Next will be a follow up letter to my MP.

Give him something to do instead of browsing SitVac notices.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

Although indicating each time i intentionally cross the line while straightening a winding country road is OTT.

I can get a tune going with lane crossing and speed excursions - just blank them out.

I wrote to a big local store complaining about missing speed signage on exit.  Have also written to our council.   Next will be a follow up letter to my MP.

Give him something to do instead of browsing SitVac notices.

Not sure about your comment in the first paragraph is wise, but I do get why you do it.

In that instance, I just go slower and stay in my side of the road 😄😄

• Like 1

I've read somewhere that avoiding pot holes in the road is now illegal 

And you can get fined so it looks like we have to damage a £20.000 car or get a possible fine

I think all the comments made above are fair I personally don't have any issues with the bleeping it's there to alert the driver it's worked for me a couple of times when I've got to close to the car in front and when I have crossed the centre white lines

I'm bleeping mad and I don't mind the bleeping at all.  I get all the usual bleeps mentioned and then there's the one reminding you that there may be a scary monster in your back seat at the end of your journey (because you opened one of the rear doors before setting off ) and then I have my front and rear dash cam bleeps, front and rear  parking sensors 🤪🤪🤪🤪

I like the one that you get on a long drive, informing you that you may need a break and a little message on the dash.

• Haha 1

Straightening the bend:

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=154&t=335547&i=20

Essentially is you have good visibility,  nothing coming then there is nothing to stop you straightening the bend. 

I got this from a Master at school when I first observing this (he had lost a leg in a motor bike crash) and then a book on High Performance motoring back in the 60s.

I have just emailed my MP urging him to have action taken on speed signage on exits from car parks etc.

My argument is that false alarms will desensitise drivers who will then ignore valid alerts. 

• Like 1

There's enough information in the Highway code telling you how to detect what speed limit a road is likely to have, without any signs being present. 

It's not up to a non-public organisation to have speed limit signs up. The public road and highway code are not their cost or concern. 

Best not to distract your local MP with arbitrary side quests. Instead, get them to action things like the road conditions; pot holes, road works, parking issues....

• Like 1

@DJ123 I think you miss the point.  A warning alert must be accuate and relevant.   If badly sited or missing signs cause the warning system to issue false alerts it will desensitise drivers to valid alerts.

Your first paragraph is absolutely right.  In an urban area the limit is 30 unless there are signs to the contrary.  You know this, I know this, but the EU has decided that we need an audible warning to hammer the point home.

The next step, maybe 10 years on, will be automatic speed limiting.  If car parks do not have exit limits chaos will ensue. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roy124 said:

@DJ123 I think you miss the point.  A warning alert must be accuate and relevant.   If badly sited or missing signs cause the warning system to issue false alerts it will desensitise drivers to valid alerts.

Absolutely this - I've seen the effect all the false warnings they put on Smart Motorways have; They kept leaving signs on too long after the fact, or didn't put them on in good time when there was an accident or breakdown, and because this happened so much , now nobody pays any attention to them.

This is especially stark with lane closures signs, as in the past there have been lane closure indications still on the Smart gantries despite whatever was there being long gone, and after this happening repeatedly, now many vehicles will just ignore them and save a lot of time undertaking the gigantic logjam caused by everyone else moving over out of the 'closed' lanes.

The problem is now that Highways have started to be less lackadaisical about the signs this pre-trained behaviour is now much more dangerous and I've seen a lot of close calls where fast cars, SUVs even trucks have been caught out and had to stop and/or force their way in at the last moment due to the lane closure being for real. 

The RSA is just the same - I mostly ignore it now because it's so inaccurate; All it does is distract me unnecessarily and make me second-guess myself - This makes it less than useless and a total waste of silicon. It needs to be better, much better.

• Like 3

@Cyker, may I quote you if necessary?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

@Cyker, may I quote you if necessary?

"But your Honour, Cyker on the Toyota forum said  ............" 🙂

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Cyker said:

The problem is now that Highways have started to be less lackadaisical about the signs this pre-trained behaviour is now much more dangerous and I've seen a lot of close calls where fast cars, SUVs even trucks have been caught out and had to stop and/or force their way in at the last moment due to the lane closure being for real. 

Sorry NO!
That behaviour is ••• who cant  read lane closure in 200 yrds

nothing to do with sineage

drive the m25 / A3 junction sometimes 

I think you mis-read what I said - They can read the Smart Motorway gantrys jut fine, they just ignore them because all the false-positives have taught them they can.

Thank you everyone for your replies - guess I’ll just have to learn to live with it and probably end up ignoring all the bleeps and flashing!  I agree though, think the dealership should have told me about the “improvements” - my last Aygo was a 2021 Exclusive which was pretty much like all the others I have had (7 now) so it probably would not have put me off buying it but would have been nice to know.

10 hours ago, Cyker said:

I think you mis-read what I said - They can read the Smart Motorway gantrys jut fine, they just ignore them because all the false-positives have taught them they can.

My comment stands.

Humans ave these visual detectors called eyes. So there should be no surprises just ignorance. 

the classic “ oh sorry i didnt see you” rta excuse

25 minutes ago, Paul john said:

My comment stands.

Humans ave these visual detectors called eyes. So there should be no surprises just ignorance. 

the classic “ oh sorry i didnt see you” rta excuse

The surprise is not caused by not seeing it, the surprise is caused by it being an actual accurate sign or instruction.

A perfect example happened to me last Sunday. Speed limit restriction with no obvious reason. Not real important in a Smart car, I can only dream of going that fast. A few miles later a road clear sign then a mile after that the mother of all crashes with vertical cars parked on the central reservation. This is after the road clear sign.

If they want people to obey the signs they need to get them right and not forget they are on when the obstacles are cleared.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links