Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Speed limiter on new Yaris

rev.roger

I have a 24 Yaris and cannot find a speed limiter.

Is there one and if so where, please?

Thank you

Hi Roger, have a look in your owners manual . Look for mentions of "speed limiter" or "intelligent speed assist" and their functionalities.:smile:

It's on the steering wheel. Same switch as cruise control.

Yeah, just on the bottom 'rock' of the cruise-control rocker button.

Top half is press to arm radar cruise or hold for static cruise, bottom half is to arm the speed limiter; Once you've done that, you still have to use the set button to initially set the speed you want to cruise at/be limited to.

• Like 1

Topic moved to the Yaris forum.

On 4/1/2024 at 6:21 PM, Cyker said:

Yeah, just on the bottom 'rock' of the cruise-control rocker button.

Top half is press to arm radar cruise or hold for static cruise, bottom half is to arm the speed limiter; Once you've done that, you still have to use the set button to initially set the speed you want to cruise at/be limited to.

Not sure what the controls were for previous years but I think that MY24 works differently.

The top "mode" button of the rocker cycles between fixed speed cruise, adaptive cruise and speed limiter. It remembers your setting when you next start the car

The bottom of the rocker is to set the distance when on adaptive cruise 

To activate the last  chosen mode you just press the top left hand button then set the speed. I find that it activates straight away and you don't need to additionally press the "Set" rocker

PXL_20240404_182415166.jpg

Oh yeah that is very different! :eek: 

On mine the button that sets distance is the top left one!

• Like 1

Indeed. This re-arrangement of the steering wheel buttons was one of the first things that I noticed... (more in my upcoming review...)

• Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 7:31 PM, Dick_Dastardly said:

Not sure what the controls were for previous years but I think that MY24 works differently.

The top "mode" button of the rocker cycles between fixed speed cruise, adaptive cruise and speed limiter. It remembers your setting when you next start the car

The bottom of the rocker is to set the distance when on adaptive cruise 

To activate the last  chosen mode you just press the top left hand button then set the speed. I find that it activates straight away and you don't need to additionally press the "Set" rocker

PXL_20240404_182415166.jpg

That is correct. the OP above replied about previous models.

The first answer referred me to the user manual. After scouring for hours everything seemed wrong. I then noticed that the user manual was printed in 2022 and provided with the new 2024 model. Not surprising it was all wrong.

I was asked to score the dealership in feedback and was told low scores would not be tolerated by Toyota. Well sending an out of date manual with a £26,000 car would earn Toyota 5 out of 10. (My dealership assures me that the car was sent to them with this manual enclosed). Perhaps some managers at Toyota GB can be sacked....please.

• Thanks 1

Roger, tell Toyota.  However they will probably push the blame down the road and refer you to the online manual.

It's frustrating when the manual doesn't make sense, I know I struggle to make sense of it,  but I'm not sure it's fair to give the dealer a low score because of this. It's not their fault

21 minutes ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

I'm not sure it's fair to give the dealer a low score because of this. It's not their fault

Depends on how low.

"Here is your new car, unfortunately the new handbook is not available yet" would get a higher rating.

My previous salesman (the third to disappear without trace) asked for 10s.  I explained I never gave 10s as there was always room for improvement. 

My present salesman is going to have to work hard to get a 6 even.  

I didn't think you even got printed manuals with the cars any more! :eek: 

My dealer supplied a 'quick reference' and a service stamp book, but from what I've gleaned this is not something that comes as standard as very few other people on this forum got such a thing.

The first thing I did after I ordered mine was to download the PDF manual from the website.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

The first thing I did after I ordered mine was to download the PDF manual from the website.

I would love to do that but there isn't even one there yet for the new models!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dick_Dastardly said:

It's frustrating when the manual doesn't make sense, I know I struggle to make sense of it,  but I'm not sure it's fair to give the dealer a low score because of this. It's not their fault

I did not say for the dealership or salesman, but for Toyota itself.

5 minutes ago, CPN said:

I would love to do that but there isn't even one there yet for the new models!

Yes there is and with some difficulty and to the salesman's surprise I managed to find where it is and with his help we got into it. You have to go to

Owner's Manual | Customer Information | Toyota UK

and put in your vin number.

26 minutes ago, rev.roger said:

Yes there is and with some difficulty and to the salesman's surprise I managed to find where it is and with his help we got into it. You have to go to

Owner's Manual | Customer Information | Toyota UK

and put in your vin number.

...and get this! (for a true 2024 model...)

Screenshot2024-04-10181246.thumb.png.15c8ef5aae91c57991550b20324ce6e5.png

Dare I suggest that yours is older?

• Haha 1

It didn't recognize my one's VIN for ages as well - The best thing to do is just pick Yaris from the list below and the right year, then download the manuals until you find the right one - Probably the latest one for your ones.

4 hours ago, CPN said:

...and get this! (for a true 2024 model...)

Screenshot2024-04-10181246.thumb.png.15c8ef5aae91c57991550b20324ce6e5.png

Dare I suggest that yours is older?

If that was to me, no my model is 2024 and they have altered most of the way the buttons on the right of the steering wheel work. With the manual and a lot of tuition from the great salesman I just about got it figured. But it did not help doing 70 mph and trying to work out how to get into the cruise control, what I expected to be set is for nothing of the kind!! Thanks for all your answers.

I was only going by your bio which says 2023 model...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links