Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2016 Yaris new tyre recommendations

markybug

So , with the Yaris nearly at 59k, from 30k at purchase in October 22 it’s getting near replacement tyre time. 

Car has Continentals on at the moment , but replacements (ultra contact) are coming in at £565 for a full set, more expensive than the larger tyres on our civic…

Another option is Kumho Ecsta at £344 for a full set also. 

Anyone any experience of these tyres ?

Car is a 2016 1.3 model.  

Thanks , mark. 

TBH I just look at the premium tyres the tyre place sells and pick the cheapest ones :laugh: 

It usually ends up being Goodyear/Dunlop or Hankook, but if you have an ATS Euromaster nearby they are still doing a discount deal on Michelin tyres.

• Like 2

There are so many premium tyres to choose from and most drivers won’t have the benefit of experiencing every brand to do a meaningful comparison test.  I would however, check some reviews to get some form of feedback and see which are within your budget.  

Even mid range tyres are fine with the MK3 not going anywhere fast (I had one). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Cyker said:

but if you have an ATS Euromaster nearby they are still doing a discount deal on Michelin tyres.

Michelin own ATS Euromaster.

• Like 2

Yes, hence the bigger discounts for Michelin rubber! :biggrin: 

• Like 2

As per others, I think most tyres are much of the same, especially on cars like a Yaris !

Me? Well when I change tyres, I now go for an all-weather option. There are the obvious advantages in winter ( again, not as much as might be expected on a size the Yaris uses ) but they often lead to less cabin noise which for a Yaris, is an advantage.

Michelin CrossClimate and Goodyear Vector all seasons have certainly worked for me in reducing road noise ( not fitted to a Toyota tho ).

• Like 3

Have also had good experience of Michelin CC2 and Goodyear Vector all-season tyres

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cyker said:

TBH I just look at the premium tyres the tyre place sells and pick the cheapest ones :laugh: 

It usually ends up being Goodyear/Dunlop or Hankook, but if you have an ATS Euromaster nearby they are still doing a discount deal on Michelin tyres.

All of the above mentioned by Cyker are good and affordable 👌

• Like 2

Thanks all ! Think i will try the kumho tyres, doing a fair few miles and it’s hardly a performance model lol, so no need for premium, mid range should do fine !

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, markybug said:

Thanks all ! Think i will try the kumho tyres, doing a fair few miles and it’s hardly a performance model lol, so no need for premium, mid range should do fine !

Premium tyres with discount for the price of mid range? That’s what I always do. If you really want Kumho tyres they can be very good or very bad. Ecsta are usually a good one , I had them previously on my Auris and they were absolutely fine. 215/45 17 

image.thumb.jpeg.f787d0094b73052d0dac622e42151930.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links