Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Cross Daytime Running Lamps/Indicator

Bowserman

Hi

Had our 23 plate yaris cross 3 weeks now and when I washed it, the daytime running lights seem loose.

When I touched the offside one, it moved inside the wing and I had to push it back from under the bonnet.

Its a Toyota approved car from Stoneacre, and to be honest wouldnt be surprised if its accident damaged and repaired.

It wasnt exactly the best handover, with the car supplied with a tyre pressure sender knackered, they even told me it would take 20 miles to reset, which was !Removed!.

Amyone else had this problem?

Cant see how its fixed inside as it seems to be the bottom of the lamp which isnt secured. I dont want to be taking the ineer wing guard off to investigate.

• Sad 2

Pop in and speak to them - ask if it has been in an accident and what repairs were done (if they didn't tell you at time of purchase).

It may just be a loose bolt, something simple.

Just remember

(For a used car, “satisfactory quality” takes into account the car's age and mileage.) You have a right to reject something faulty and you're entitled to a full refund within 30 days of purchase in most cases. After 30 days, you lose the short-term right to reject the goods.

• Like 3

Hi Chris, do a (car vertical check) if you have doubts ,it will give you the full history and tell you if its been in any accidents. I would contact Stoneacre service department and schedule an appointment to get the DRL checked and fixed.

If they try to downplay the issue, politely remind them it's a recent purchase and you expect a properly functioning car.

Hopefully, Stoneacre will address the loose DRL promptly. Don't hesitate to ask them to explain the repair and ensure everything is secure before driving away.Hope this helps:smile:

• Like 1

Resetting tge TPMS is curious and does require the car to be driven with left and right turns for a distance. 

Only time I had to do it was from new as the PDI had not picked it up.

After a tyre change at KwikFit and deflating the tyre to the correct pressure no reset was required. 

• Like 2

On 4/13/2024 at 7:51 PM, Bper said:

Hi Chris, do a (car vertical check) if you have doubts ,it will give you the full history and tell you if its been in any accidents.

It will tell you if any accidents have been reported, not if it's been in any accidents.

With LED headlamps being crazy expensive, some people who've been 'at fault' will not go thru their insurance, rather repair the car themselves. It doesn't take much to knock a headlight out of allignment as the lugs that hold the screws/bolts in place are typically made out of plastic. It's much easier to spend a few pounds 'bodging' those plastic lugs than £800 or whatever on a new headlamp assembly.

OP - I'd take the car back to the supplying dealer and let them sort it out rather than attempt to recify the problem yourself. If you do attempt to recify it and it doesn't work then they can quite rightly claim it's no longer their responsibility.

• Like 3

On 4/13/2024 at 12:04 PM, Bowserman said:

Amyone else had this problem?

I had exactly the same on a brand new car, which I discovered after just a couple of weeks of ownership (first wash).

There was no external sign of damage but it was loose at the bottom. Investigation revealed it is held in place by an internal bracket and the bottom arm was broken. Neither Toyota nor I could explain it. My best guess is that it happened during delivery but didn't become loose until I drove over a few pot holes and speed bumps.

They repaired it under warranty which required the lower front section of the body work to be removed. Sounds like it is a bit of a weak spot, but at least the part is available. I did make me wonder if it is "designed" to break in order to save the light in a bump.

• Like 4

Thanks everyone.

My wife took it to Stoneacre Gateshead as its closest. Both light units have broken brackets and were just held in with one screw at the top. There are traces of masking tape under there too as well as under the back bumper.  The service manger at Gateshead was spot on and told us to take it back to Teesside. Rang them with a view to them taking the car back under the 30 day returns Toyota policy. Has anyone had experience of doing this? My wife has no faith in the car now, and neither do I.

Another red flag is the log book hasnt arrived with us yet, and I am presuming they are waiting to see if it comes back before transferring ownership, I may be wrong but wouldnt be surprised.

I bought a cheap 2011 Avensis recently from a PX Centre for a work car and got better service from them than I have had from the main dealer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bowserman said:

Rang them with a view to them taking the car back under the 30 day returns Toyota policy.

You have legal rights as well, as I posted above; not just the Toyota policy. But time is running so make sure you action before 30 days arrives.

On 4/15/2024 at 10:21 AM, RonYarisX said:

With LED headlamps being crazy expensive, some people who've been 'at fault' will not go thru their insurance, rather repair the car themselves. It doesn't take much to knock a headlight out of allignment as the lugs that hold the screws/bolts in place are typically made out of plastic. It's much easier to spend a few pounds 'bodging' those plastic lugs than £800 or whatever on a new headlamp assembly.

I did just that.  I had a gentle shunt that didn't break the glass lens but fractured the whole fitting.  I was able to repair the housing with Isopon and replace the broken lug with a G clamp.

I sold the car a few years later.

• Like 1

Situation is now resolved. Swapping the car for a 24 plate on Saturday, which we are happy with.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Collected the car this morning. FWD as opposed to AWD, however, 5 weeks old, side steps, Dashcam and boot liner. Same colour and have much more confidence in this one.

Hopefully put this all behind us.

• Like 6

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links