Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Limited Remote Climate Settings on App

Corolly Poly

Just had a look at my options and all I have is a temperature setting. No settings for defrosting or seat heating, etc. Is it because the car knows it is too warm outside for these things or do I need to get it sorted?

Thanks

image.thumb.jpeg.be322558323ced663b3d716bb08fa5e5.jpeg

image.jpeg

I tried the climate setting this past winter. I think the default time run is 10 minutes. I set the temp for 20c and after the 10  minutes it all shut down. I got in the car a couple of minutes later, and the windows were frost free, and the inside was nice and toasty.

So, it does work.

9 minutes ago, Chippy01 said:

I tried the climate setting this past winter. I think the default time run is 10 minutes. I set the temp for 20c and after the 10  minutes it all shut down. I got in the car a couple of minutes later, and the windows were frost free, and the inside was nice and toasty.

So, it does work.

Thanks, just wondering why I don't have any more settings for seats, etc like I have seen on some demo vids of the app.

I use mine all the time in the winter as I park outside and there is thick ice. 

my app has two slider buttons at the bottom, front defrost and rear defrost that I select if it’s very cold. 

my app used to have a 10 minute delay but they changed it to 20 minutes which is longer than needed so I manually shut it off after 10 minutes. 

seat heaters on the Corolla are big manual switches, so likely can’t be activated remotely unfortunately. I think full functions of the app maybe are for the electric car.

IMG_2383.png

Thanks. You might be right about the seat heaters but don't know why I haven't got defrost unless its due to external temp. Do you have the defrost options at the moment?

Yes, was around 16c when I checked today and the defrost buttons are still there. 

Just now, sportse said:

Yes, was around 16c when I checked today and the defrost buttons are still there. 

Weird. Hopefully someone will have an idea why I don't have them

Only thing I can think of is if your head unit and your app aren't properly linked? 

Do you still get the blue login screen on your head unit when you enter the car?

3 minutes ago, Extreme_One said:

Only thing I can think of is if your head unit and your app aren't properly linked? 

Do you still get the blue login screen on your head unit when you enter the car?

No. Just a brief caution about operating the screen while moving and then a message to say my profile is loaded. I think if there was a connection problem I wouldn't have the option to set the internal temperature. This aspect works fine.

Do you see the Advanced Controls on your app? 

Screenshot_2024-05-14-22-24-27-37_3f89809a17d8c33af5fc42ac4dff733f.thumb.jpg.ea345c86471eb8ba572ada26c34ca667.jpg

What version of the app are you running, I take it it is up-to-date? 

Screenshot_2024-05-14-22-27-09-16_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.thumb.jpg.dc171c3396216d2b4c2fc523e9a6d0f8.jpg

1 hour ago, Extreme_One said:

Do you see the Advanced Controls on your app? 

Screenshot_2024-05-14-22-24-27-37_3f89809a17d8c33af5fc42ac4dff733f.thumb.jpg.ea345c86471eb8ba572ada26c34ca667.jpg

I can see these

Screenshot_20240514_233510_MyToyota.jpg

What version of the app are you running, I take it it is up-to-date? 

Screenshot_2024-05-14-22-27-09-16_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.thumb.jpg.dc171c3396216d2b4c2fc523e9a6d0f8.jpg

Yes 2.61

Screenshot_20240514_233817_MyToyota.jpg

I seem to be on 2.62 with iPhone

there is also an extra advanced control on mine to close the windows. (I would have liked to open them too, to let out hot air, but maybe they want you to use remote start in the summer instead. )

2024 hybrid + latest android toyota app here. i have two additional switches for window defrost in app.

my bet is features are related to different entertainment console. mine is with big screen and no physical buttons other than volume and on/off

7 hours ago, Corolly Poly said:

Yes 2.61

Screenshot_20240514_233817_MyToyota.jpg

I still think your car and your app aren't fully correctly connected. 

If it were me, I'd be tempted to delete the profile in the car and reconnect with the app to regain the missing features.

1 hour ago, miks said:

2024 hybrid + latest android toyota app here. i have two additional switches for window defrost in app.

my bet is features are related to different entertainment console. mine is with big screen and no physical buttons other than volume and on/off

Thanks. I have the same console

38 minutes ago, Extreme_One said:

I still think your car and your app aren't fully correctly connected. 

If it were me, I'd be tempted to delete the profile in the car and reconnect with the app to regain the missing features.

I'll give that a try.

I see you are using different models, is that the reason  why?

25 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

I see you are using different models, is that the reason  why?

I am wondering that and whether the location makes any difference. I will see if anyone with a UK MY24 TS (? Excel) comments before I do anything drastic 😁

RE heated seats, they will come on with remote climate if you leave the buttons switched on beforehand. Just means a bit of forward planning is all. 

My MY23 Excel TS has the below features so you're definitely missing them, not sure if the app just needs updated or if something has changed with MY24 models.Screenshot_20240515_110048_MyToyota.thumb.jpg.e5ce0254ac0da6365ebc850fedbc7b9f.jpgScreenshot_20240515_110055_MyToyota.thumb.jpg.1486518d0b2ba065e5ccb2b7e59e7834.jpg

• Like 2

It incredibly unlikely to me that a MY24 Excel will have fewer features than the M23 Icon.

Honestly, as long as you know your Toyota.co.uk login details, there's nothing drastic about removing your driver profile and relinking your app and your car.

Simply navigate to settings on the head unit, go to Current driver - click edit - press the icon to remove the profile. 

Then click on Connect your account.

Then link the app to your car using the QR code.

The worst that might happen is you end up in the same situation with the same missing features.

another viable option to head to the nearest dealer and ask them to fix this for you. you bought brand new car, they owe you this much

• Like 1

It incredibly unlikely to me that a MY24 Excel will have fewer features than the M23 Icon.

Honestly, as long as you know your Toyota.co.uk login details, there's nothing drastic about removing your driver profile and relinking your app and your car.

Simply navigate to settings on the head unit, go to Current driver - click edit - press the icon to remove the profile. 

Then click on Connect your account.

Then link the app to your car using the QR code.

The worst that might happen is you end up in the same situation with the same missing features.

Just deleted profile, uninstalled app, reinstalled app, logged on to app, added car, setup profile and connected to multimedia. all working but still limited controls as before 🤔. Unless anyone else has any bright ideas, or can confirm that this is all I should expect on an MY2 Excel, I will have a word with the dealer next time I'm in. Its not a major issue as I'm retired and don't get out of bed if its cold😂

What settings do you have available to you @SDR or anyone else with a UK MY24? Thanks

32 minutes ago, Corolly Poly said:

What settings do you have available to you @SDR or anyone else with a UK MY24? Thanks

Sorry, can't help, I'm afraid.   I'm not a Luddite but I have chosen not to use the app(s) or connected services (I'm not even sure which app - MyT or MyToyota - is the one to use).

This is partly due to my previous experience with car manufacturers/importers.   I had a VW Group 'dieselgate' car.   Franchised dealers were installing software updates, without owners' consent, when cars were taken in for servicing.   A significant number of owners had real problems after the update.   Both driveability and reliability.  Fortunately, I knew about this before my next service was due and avoided any problems by switching to a local indy.   The bonus is that I now have a very good indy whom I trust.   They now service hybrids so I am mulling...

So I am reluctant to, in effect, give Toyota access to my car by enabling OTA updating.   It works just fine and I think that I would rather keep it 'off grid'.

Also partly because I don't see any real benefits to me in the connected tech.   I only use the mapping as a back-up so I don't need the live traffic info and it doesn't matter to me if it is out of date.    My car lives under a car port with a proper tiled roof and full height walls both sides, effectively a garage that is open at the front and back.   So no snow or ice and only very rarely any condensation.   I just don't think that using the app offers me any real benefits.

If I run into problems and need to connect everything up then, so be it, I'll do it but for now it's fine as it is.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links