Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gearbox Oil For T27 TOYOTA AVENSIS 1.8

S1LVERCL4W

I need help with buying the correct gearbox oil for my car it needs to be the correct type as it something i gonna be replacing once and i don't want to mess it up as i seen their many different varients on the market and the most common one i have across is the COMMA MVMTF PLUS 75W - 5L

I don’t know the answer but I recently had this done and the GL rating is important for mine it was gl-4 , think if wrong it can attack oil seals 

why changing the Gearbox Oil ?

15 hours ago, S1LVERCL4W said:

I need help with buying the correct gearbox oil for my car it needs to be the correct type as it something i gonna be replacing once and i don't want to mess it up as i seen their many different varients on the market and the most common one i have across is the COMMA MVMTF PLUS 75W - 5L

Manual or automatic? Go to Toyota dealership and they will sell You right oil.

2 hours ago, avensis_2018 said:

why changing the Gearbox Oil ?

Maybe because Toyota service recommend it and when I changed mine oil was very very black and gear changes got much smoother.

I have driven automatic Toyota's for Well Over 200K Miles without ever changing the transmission fluid. And never a problem the oil Maybe black but it act like a cooler not as a lubricate because of that its can be life time with no need to change it never but you can change it if you board or try to find things to fix (like me sometimes).

its better not to touch it.

I changed mine a few weeks back with Toyota fluid and it’s made a massive improvement and got rid of the notch from first to second 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2024 at 4:40 PM, S1LVERCL4W said:

Oil has to meet API GL-4 and SAE 75W specification.

Screenshot_20240517_080412_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

4 hours ago, avensis_2018 said:

I have driven automatic Toyota's for Well Over 200K Miles without ever changing the transmission fluid. And never a problem the oil Maybe black but it act like a cooler not as a lubricate because of that its can be life time with no need to change it never but you can change it if you board or try to find things to fix (like me sometimes).

its better not to touch it.

If not touching then it will definitely come lifetime oil for your car, but can be that people would like to use their cars longer then oil lifetime.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links