Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Just Shat Myself

veilside_mr2

Well...today woz goin great, got my new intercooler fitted, fitted my new turbo timer and induction kit, and got some nice blue magnecor leads.

Everythin woz goin great.....until 2nite.

Decided to "test" the intercooler out at some lights and gave it some MAJOR revs, went to shoot off when...

BANG...PSSSSSSSSSSSST!!!....stutter stutter....stall.

******!!!!.....i thought id blown my engine...seriously.

But luckily it turns out it woz just a loose jubilee clip on the intercooler pipework ,and i had to wrestle the ***** back on and tighten it up in the dark in the middle of lincoln..what a pleasure.

But everythin`s ok now thank god!

PHEW!....scary ****!

Thats exactly how I destroyed the old turbos on my supra.....

Think about it.. turbos spinning at speed.. pipe popes off. so no backpreasure on the turbos so they spin even faster....

At the same time the AFM resgisters some very odd readings as its not actually connected up due to the popped hose.. and the engine stalls....

As the engine stalls the oil feed to the turbo(s) is stopped and suddenly there is a turbo spinnign at high speed with no loi in the journals...

new turbos time. My cars not been the same since and that was last summer :(

A friend of mine has the same problem as kamra supra. He has a supra with so much power that he can blow his intercooler pipes off at anytime he decides to put it to the floor. he has blown one turbo but has a :censor: load of money and just put a much bigger badder turbo on..i wish i had the cash that he and his brother have. but when pushin nearly 700 hrpw. in a supra anything can happen including blowing things to pieces..be careful with the pipe..it should be ok for now though i would think. :)

A friend of mine has the same problem as kamra supra. He has a supra with so much power that he can blow his intercooler pipes off at anytime he decides to put it to the floor. he has blown one turbo but has a :censor: load of money and just put a much bigger badder turbo on..i wish i had the cash that he and his brother have. but when pushin nearly 700 hrpw. in a supra anything can happen including blowing things to pieces..be careful with the pipe..it should be ok for now though i would think. :)

How on earth does he keep the hose on now he has an even bigger turbo?? :eek::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links