Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Odometer Problems

callmejim

Hi kelvyn

the speedo reads in mph but i have a sneaking suspicion that only the fascia of the speedo has been changed if his is correct is it reading mph accurately

Mate

I'd leave it well alone, if you have any electronic goodies on yours, they won't operate properly if you convert to MPH, my hiace has adjustable supsension and other stuff and none of em work, they think when I am doing 60 mph, the car thinks it is doing 36mph ;)

Just do some simple sums eh??

100K = 62miles

That's the same as mine. Odometer reads km, which is not a problem as you can easily work the conversion out. The speedo reads mph but is out by 10mph, as i have just found out by clocking my wife in my car.

I guess this is because the facia was just changed to read mph but somehow does not line up properly. 15 inch steel wheels with the correct profile tyres etc shouldn't be the problem.

Speedo's are generally out any way. The one on my Civic is about 10 MPH out and its a UK car so its never been touched. I check my speedo's against a GPS unit.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links