Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil

jimo

:blink Hi friends, new owner of estima. Oil change warning light

has came on. Whats the best oil to use, and is it easy to do

Any help will be appreciated. Many thanks Jimo. :blink: :

If it is anything like my Hiace then use a thicker oil, mine uses the thin stuff like it is running out the bottom, proper heavy weight turbo diesel oil, middle price band.

The magnatec is great but too thin, btw mine is low mileage, not even done 50 thou yet.

• 3 weeks later...

On the engine block of your Estima under the passenger seat it advises the use of 5w - 30w. Asda do a 5l tub at £15 I forget the make but it's reasonable. The thicker stuff won't get round the engine quick enough especially when cold.

I used 10w - 40w last time and had a noticeable noise increase for the first 20 seconds after starting up.

It is generally thought that oil in Deisels gets thicker with age as opposed to petrol engines due to the combustion process producing more particulates. I'm not at all sure about this but when the Japanese put 5-30 on the block I'm pretty sure that's what you should use.

you can get a range of fully synthetic alls which are 5-30 but these cost an arm and a leg. Reasonable quality oil regularly changed is the best way to keep your engine sweet.

By the way the 5000Km period between changes is a bit on the tight side. I run to 10000Km before changing (6000miles) and have a 130000Km motor which agrees.

Sorry to fly in the face of the last advice but as an engineer it is a particular passion of mine.

Ed

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links