Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tte / Sr Exhaust

MillzE

Hiya guys,

Got the chance to getta second hand TTE exhaust for £60. Just wondering if it will fit straight on to my 1.0?

But my main q. is how loud are they?? especially when idling/booting it?

Cheers once again!

Matt

hi, yea i have a TTE back box on my 1.0, to be honest it`s just ok as regards noise, it`s not really that much better than a standard, it look good. the box itself is made by Remus, if i was to do it again i would def gone for a HKS back box. if it was me i save for the HKS :thumbsup:

i drove an sr with a TTE backbox not a bad noise put a grin on my face. nothing as loud as my stainless. if your going to save for the HKS you may aswell go custom as youve seen and heard mine and its alot cheaper than the HKS.

Just out of curiosity... what's the TTE one?? I drive an SR, but i just thought it had a chrome exhaust tip, or is it a different exhaust?

Is this it...?

026d8_DirtyExhaust2.JPG

If it is, it sounds ok, nothing overly special tho... needs to be a bit more throaty!

Hmm..

Well I did have my mind set on a custom jobbie after hearing Seabs one :drool:

Think i'll try it out and if im not 100% you all know where it'll go up for auction! ;)

Cheers lads!

Matt

-------

Edit: seveer unaek, Im not sure if youve got the TTE exhaust on your SR (does it say TTE on it?? :blink: ) , It all depends where your yaris was made..

Click here for an old post on SR's and TTE exhausts

Just out of curiosity... what's the TTE one?? I drive an SR, but i just thought it had a chrome exhaust tip, or is it a different exhaust?

Is this it...?

026d8_DirtyExhaust2.JPG

If it is, it sounds ok, nothing overly special tho... needs to be a bit more throaty!

nah, im pretty convinced that aint the TTE exhaust, it is usally noticable, not mad, but would be noticed.

the TTE Zorst has TTE written on it too ;)

I thought that's what it was... mite have to look into this TTE one... Im interested in a new exhaust!

That pic is of i believe a late spec SR as i think they stopped using the tte exhaust on later models!correct me if im wrong!

but i know for sure that is not the tte back box!

i have the tte on mine!whenit has warmed up(run on the motorway)it has a very nice deep note to it!but subtle!i think the tte exhaust looks nice aswell not too big but not a pea shooter!

About fitting on a 1L i know the 1.3 and 1.5 have the same manifold etc but the 1L has a different design!but as far as BB are concerned i couldnt tell you!Again correct me if im wrong!

CB :thumbsup:

Thats, not the TTE exhaust for the SR. They stopped doing the TTE exhaust for the SR in 2002 when they started switching the manufacturing process over to France.

I have a 2002 Yaris made in Japan but just missed out on the TTE exhaust and got the chrome tail pipe instead. :arrgg-matey:

But anyway i should be getting my Tom's Barrel exhaust soon enough which should be good! :D

Hmm .. yeah and i agree, you're tailpipe needs a good cleaning .. :lol: :P

I have a 2002 Yaris made in Japan but just missed out on the TTE exhaust and got the chrome tail pipe instead.

wherer did you get this chrome tip from please?

cheers

fred

:hokus-pokus:

About fitting on a 1L i know the 1.3 and 1.5 have the same manifold etc but the 1L has a different design!but as far as BB are concerned i couldnt tell you!Again correct me if im wrong!

Yea this occured to me last night ..uh oh :unsure: Hope your wrong!!

Matt

I like the noise of the real TTE backbox at idle, it is a significant improvement over what is on mine (the pea shooter)

I like it, if you don't buy it off your m8 i'll have it off him :)

I think... perhaps... not sure :D

Thanks people, Yeah, it definatley aint it... iv seen one on a Y-reg SR, and that got one... totally different! Mine's a 2002 yaris, so iv got a frenchie! (darn!)

Fred... yes i would sell it (cleaned up obviously!) if and when i can afford a new exhaust! Anybody wanna sell me a TTE one??

I have a 2002 Yaris made in Japan but just missed out on the TTE exhaust and got the chrome tail pipe instead.

cheers

fred

Mine came as standard from the dealer, so maybe u can ask the dealer for it. But i'm not sure u can get the exact same one cos this one is for the SR and i've seen the chrome tailpipes for the other versions and they dont look as nice.

Just a matter of asking the dealer to see which ones they have.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

cheers

fred

Mine came as standard from the dealer, so maybe u can ask the dealer for it. But i'm not sure u can get the exact same one cos this one is for the SR and i've seen the chrome tailpipes for the other versions and they dont look as nice.

Just a matter of asking the dealer to see which ones they have.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

i`ve looked that exhaust tip up on both the parts and acc for both jap and french yaris and i can`t find it at all, they only list 2 tips one is ovel the other is round but has a cut from top to bottom at an angle of 45.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links