Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Glanza Update

glanzajim

here are the latest pics of my baby next jobs include blitz boost controller and wheel refurb what you all reakon white or gun metal?

DSC01170.jpg

DSC01171.jpg

DSC01174.jpg

DSC01175.jpg

James :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• glanzajim

• Rubix_cube

• little_star

• crystalize

that is luvly is that kit n spoiler standard on the glanza? what bhp n 0 to 60 time do they av standard? n what bhp n 0 to 60 time has urs got? id go for gunmetal them alloys wudnt look right white 5 spokes look gud in white ;)

How did you move your Battery and water bottle :o I SO WANNA DO THAT!

Where the air filter is standard is ****!

Car looks good.....except the mud flaps...IMHO :)

Looks well sweet mate.

I have never really looked at the glanaza V too much but think they are one sweet motor. nice one :thumbsup:

I have a quick few questions for you galanza owners,

1) Can you only get them through import??

2) What size engine are they and what sort of bhp do they push out??

3) What insurance group are they and how much would a 20yo with 1years NCB expect to pay?

and finally, 4) what sort of price would a good cond one be?!?

Cheers for the help people,

I know i seem a bit of a dunce but i really dont know much about them :(

Thanks again,

Matt :thumbsup:

hmm from what jim has told me the engine is virtually the same as my starlet s with a few extras (like turbo!! and electrics). the engine is 1332cc and the bhp on jims is around 150 but i dont know about standard it 130ish i think. also this figure will increase quite quickly when he starts getting serious under the bonnet, (better get some overtime in babe!)

jim is 22 with almost 4 years no claims and he was paying nearly £1500 untill he changed it to limited mileage as he is just going to use it for shows now that he can "borrow" mine most of the time.

i think you will be looking at around £5500 or more realistically to find a nice one.

oh and one final thing; dont feels silly asking questions thats what the forums for! i have very little knowledge of cars... but im learning slowly

hope this helped

zara x

The Toyota Starlet Glanza V is a 1.3 litre 2 door hatchback Turbo.

Engine 4E-FTE 1331cc DOHC 4cyl EFI-16-valve intercooled turbo engine

Power 100kW (133hp) @ 6400rpm

Torque 157nM @ 4800rpm

Weight 920kg approx

Speed 0-100kmh @ 8sec approx, 0-400m in 16sec approx

Boost Standard boost is 0.8 bar. Boost map sensor can read up to 1.2 bar approx

Insurance pinned on TOC forum

Yeah i think all glanza's are import cars, very rare in the UK to find one, normally selling price would be around 5k+

Basically everything that Zara said :yes:

But the Glanza is expensive too run i think.

:thumbsup:

nice to see a bit of interest y i have bin busy at work (puttin in the overtime) everythin zara (thanks babe) says is spot on, it is pushin 150 at the mo but soon to be rollin out alot higher once the boost goes up when my blitz boost controller arrives, :) .

as for movin the Battery its really quite simple all u need is a junction block under the bonnet to connect the +ve feed too a Battery box in the boot (law) then a good quality 0 guage power lead to run from the boot to the engine anh a good earth lead in the boot ill put some pics up soon about it.

p.s dont forget to fuse the power lead in the boot

as fot the water bottel on removal of the air box u will find a nice bracket to now secure ur bottle to now all u need is some longer hose which if i remember right is 8mm bore

my 0-60 has never bin timed but after christmas and a few more mods it will run the 1/4 mile so ill keep you posted :D

as for the ep82 bin quicker i wouldnt know what they weigh mine has bin on the weigh bridge and weighed 980kg with both me and zara in the car its fast enough to upset the boys around town and tail the odd pulsar or scooby so for now im very happy with it :D

Regards James

and me and jim together weigh a fair bit. girls just cant help themselves when it comes to chocolate. (others just steal it from their unsuspecting girlfriends - dont they JAMES)

the rally flaps are just on for the winter and work wonders. you have to think about that sort of stuff with a white car. the council should employ him as a road sweeper as they scrape along the floor everywhere we go!

EP82 comes in around 800KG reason or a little above it, this is because some don't come with ABS, nor the full driver/passenger airbags and trust me that's weight right there. Has your glanza been dyoned as yet?

Honestly I can't see a Glanza even pushing 150, chasing a Pulsar or a Scobby, but to each his own..List your mods again pls, and you came to the 150 figure.

the mods are as follows

HKS Filter

RSR 3" cat back exhaust system with 5" jap style tail

adjustable fuel regulator

Blitz dump valve

exedy clutch

Battery to boot

RSR suspension

clear indicators all round

boost guage

turbo timer

rear valance

rear spoiler

sparco gear knob

sony head unit

audiobahn 6*9s in shelf

audiobahn 10cm up front

blitz boost controller (on the way to run 14 psi)

rally flaps (winter only as the uk climate is s***)

i know its runnin that power i have the graph to prove it :D

James

Jim means 150bhp...not 150mph mate...... I aint seen a Glanza yet do 150 :lol:

I aint played wi Pulsars and Scoobies yet. I'll have no chance wi our local Pulsar....450bhp 1/4@11.2 secs!!!

A graph of what? My Glanza is currently runnin 166.9 bhp...im pretty pleased. Gonna get a new downpipe hopefully take her to 170ish :)

My car has been RR at Dastek in Dalgety Bay in Fife, home of the Unichip (NOT A PLUG OR ANYTHING :lol: ) My mates GTi-R was in Fast Car years ago after it had been send to a RR in England somewhere to be finely tuned and set up.....

my car has bin rollin roaded twice at pro tune they do all my work once when i first got it and once whilst settin up the fuel regulator

1st run = 137bhp @ 6562rpm with 130lbft @ 3750rpm

2nd run = 147bhp @ 6533rpm with 131 lbft @ 3150rpm

as for the seats the passenger 1 is standard the drivers is a recaro which i love :) but cant find a matchin one.

with the boost wound up and a down pipe i too am hopin for the 170bhp mark :D

Jim

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links