Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mpg With D4d Rav4

Dave 69

Have my rav4 D4D now two months thought it would get over 40mpg ,

38mpg driven easy ,34-35 if driven harder ! . Tank filled to brim every time to work out mpg anyone else know what they are getting ?? spoiled with audi getting 600 miles plus from tank still not going to part with rav . :)

My RAV D4D now has 2000 miles on it, and the mpg shows up as 39.4 average at the moment (on the display on the radio). This has improved gradually since new, when it was about 33 mpg. I do mostly motorway miles at 80-90 mph. I haven't worked it out using

Hi Mooranger, just turned 25000 on my rav dont think i would be getting that mpg more like 35mpg on motorway if driven on ? must check display on radio .

Thanks Dave any one else ?

Have my rav4 D4D now two months thought it would get over 40mpg ,

38mpg driven easy ,34-35 if driven harder ! . Tank filled to brim every time to work out mpg anyone else know what they are getting ?? spoiled with audi getting 600 miles plus from tank still not going to part with rav . :)

Average 35mpg on a 5600miles trip to Morocco. Three thousand miles done at between 70-110mph. The rest done at speeds below 70 and mostly around 40mph.

This included quite a bit of mountain roads.

I found that you can get around 40 mpg if you keep speed below 65mph and on mainly flat roads with the LEAD removed from your shoes.

35 to 38 it is then looks like thats what every one alse is getting ,

all but seaview seems to get over 40mpg very good that ,

will have to get used to 430 miles per tank was spoilt with audi .

Buying diesel southern ireland costs me about 69pence a litre not bad !

Thank everyone :)

Hi All :D

I bought a XT3 5dr D4D in August and have done 4000 miles so far.

During the warmer weather i was getting 39-41 mpg but now its got colder I am getting 36-38mpg so not too bad.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

• 6 years later...

I HAVE A 2004 RAV4 D4D XT4 5 DOOR WAS GETTING 37/39 MPG BUT FITTED TUNNIT CHIP BOX NOW AVG 44MPG AND ON ROLLIN ROAD 148BHP

My D4D seems to show a permanent 34mpg....at 102'000 miles,i rarely go below 80 on major roads,normally hover around 40-50 on back roads.

And snails pace tickover when off road :lol:

I'm happy with that :thumbsup:

Seems the newer d4d are not as good on the black stuff as the older ones, looks like the trade off for gadgets verses mpg is a looser....

My d4d 4.2 model is getting between 42 - 44 mpg and that includes the drive parking on the M25 every day 46 mile round journey....

Yeah, it seems the DPF installed on newer derv's really kills their mpg.

I reckon we'd be on 80+ mpg combined derv's by now if we didn't have to worry about emissions regs!

DPF, EGR, multi-stage catalysts etc. all add backpressure or !Removed! the combustion and waste energy :(

On the flip side we might also all have lung cancer and asthma if we didn't have to worry about emissions :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links