Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

More Paseo Power?

jen09

turbo kit for the 5efe that includes EVERYTHING....tis a bit expensive though.......and its in america.....and it would give 145hp

how long would your engine last after the conversion tho??

the only other thing i have considered in the past was known as the universal procharger, it was reviewed in jap performance on a civic vti, it was a belt driven turbo style supercharger that came with everything you need for the conversion including fmic & boost controller.

it proved to give at least 50% more power.

i think it was about £1800, but it was estimated that the engine would only last about 15-20,000 miles before needing to be totally rebuilt.

but now knowing about the 4efte, its probably easier an cheaper to just swap engines.

Rich

Supercharging would be difficult because the intake and the belts are on the opposite sides of the engine. Mounting a supercharger would be difficult as you would need a long shaft which would suffer from vibration and balance problems.

There is also limited clearance at the pulley side to mount a belt which is going to be about 1" wide.

all i know is that the kit has a 5 year warranty, 1 year for accessories

Is that just the kit? i bet in the small print that it doesn't cover your engine! worth checking

tim :thumbsup:

nah it wouldnt cover the engine, you wouldnt get warranty on an engine if you buy an upgrade for it.....youd just get a warranty for that certain upgrade :P

• 2 weeks later...

ok ! :eek:

I have done the 5EFE conversion !

Don't take turbo kit from USA !,in fact our PASEO is 155CC for the injectors,and we rare a mix of the first and second generation in the USA

In USA paseo sec GEN have distributor less and the same specification of our european paseo which is distributor

type .The European paseo is lowered by ECU and Injectors and the timing too....

Some Americans kits give you an another ECU (piggy pack !) but do you realise the diefference beetween 155cc and 200cc for fuel and timing

Timing and fuel iare very important for turbo cars !!

If you want to turbo your PASEO with internal stock you can go only maximum to 6PSI

but you have to change the injectors (if you don't you will hear detonation and your rods suffer ..) and take a greddy emanage ! but be carreful not to take bigger injectors with the greddy,if you do that it will change and alter the timing curve too and your paseo will not run fast!!!

The better solution is to take the 4EFTE ECU+wiring harness and all the sensors,change the compression ratio in your engine (JE PISTONS,forged ) a good turbo likee KKK 16-27 or T25 or T3 ...and with 12 PSI you can reach near the 250 BHP ....

:ffs: :group-cuddles:

ok !  :eek:

I have done the 5EFE conversion !

Hey! :D Nice to see you on the forums. :thumbsup:

I've seen the pics of ramses974's Paseo and they are awesome. :yes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links