Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Should I Get Another One?

Funkadelic

Hello all, it's been a while since my last visit.

Quick question... Should I get another one?

I'm thinking about a turbo, without a T Bar roof (I never use mine and I would like some extra rigidity in the chassis). Financially, it seems like a sound thing to do when compared to my other choices of car!

But some modding would be required this time round in the form of Bomex front bumper, and toms skirts or something along those lines.

Not to mention wheels, brakes, suspension...

The costs would soon add up. But I dunno if I should go for a modded MRT over, say, a stock RX7 or 'Teggy Type R. Usually my philosophy is never to go back to the same woman/car after having had a good run the first time around.

Any opinions? (I anticipate some fairly biased ones from you lot)! ;)

Obviously it's up to you, depends on how much you like the MR2 and the way it drives. You may feel tempted to go for the turbo, this would make sense in virtually every respect. However at the same time you may feel you are missing out on other great cars.

It's always tricky deciding, I know I'll need a good long think when I come to sell mine whenever that will be. Personally I like to change cars every 12-18 months. I do love the MR2 though, it's well built and reliable with great individual looks and it must be cool to own a turbo model. Just a shame they are becoming increasingly common on our roads.

Personally i think if you've already owned a Tubby then try something else out... I've always fancied the Teg Type-R myself - However if you are comparing owning a N/A to a Tubby then i'd say get a tubby as IMO they are 2 completely different driving experiences...

But as stated above - drive them all and choose the one you're best suited to.

Rash.

The RX7 are damn nice cars, but you will need to look long and hard for one that's been well looked after. The engines are relatively strong, but if the service schedule is not kept up - then you will be looking into a costly rebuild (£3K+). Nonetheless, nice cars and well built.

IMO, the ITR's look really good - I nearly bought one instead of my MR2. Probably one of the quickets N/A's about in stock form. A mate had one for 6 months and then had to trade it in because it was extremely uncomfortable - but that may be because he is quite large and tall.

Can't beat an MR2 tubby though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links