Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 & 2004 Sat Nav Touch Screen

celtictricky

I have just installed the Toyota Touch Screen Sat Nav into my Rav. On the old toyota head unit I could control the volume etc through the steering wheel, but this functionality seems not too work now!

Can this be done????

If not then.....I think I want a different steering wheel as the controls might start to annoy after a while if they do not work!

Ta,

Rich

Rich

I downloaded a pdf file today that showed the wiring connections for the steering wheel remote - basically it's in the 20 pin plug that connects to the white socket above the gps socket on the back of your unit. Pins 6, 7 and 8 are the only ones used. Do you have that connector in your vehicles existing wiring loom? I can email you the pdf if you need it - although I only downloaded it this morning I can't remember where I found it, although I think it was on this forum somewhere.

Rich

I downloaded a pdf file today that showed the wiring connections for the steering wheel remote - basically it's in the 20 pin plug that connects to the white socket above the gps socket on the back of your unit.  Pins 6, 7 and 8 are the only ones used.  Do you have that connector in your vehicles existing wiring loom? I can email you the pdf if you need it - although I only downloaded it this morning I can't remember where I found it, although I think it was on this forum somewhere.

Mattttttttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

All the existing connectors are in place, so I guess the answer is yet! if you can email me the pdf that would be great :-)

Cheers

Rich

If anyone else is about to fit one of the fullscreen nav units to their Rav I can now confirm that the steering wheel remote controls do work with it, after a bit of playing around with the connections! pm me if you need the details. Also, the unit seems to work much better with Vss and Rev connnected so again let me know if you need more info.

If anyone else is about to fit one of the fullscreen nav units to their Rav I can now confirm that the steering wheel remote controls do work with it, after a bit of playing around with the connections!  pm me if you need the details.  Also, the unit seems to work much better with Vss and Rev connnected so again let me know if you need more info.

Hi,

i've been trying to PM you but it says your inbox is full?? Just wanted more info on the VSS and the REV?

Thanks

Sorry Tol10 - cleared the inbox now! OK, for the 04 Rav (and possibly your Corolla) the Vss signal is on terminal 16 of the 18 pin connector at the back of your stereo. The wire is white on my vehicle (along with most of the others!), but definitely at that location. Rev, which isn't critical but helps the vehicle keep track of itself when reversing was a blue and red cable at terminal 27 of a 28 pin connector just above the accelerator pedal (next to fuse panel). The location of this may be slightly different on yours, but as I said it's not crucial. The best way of finding the info you need is to speak nicley to your local parts department and ask them to print off the Installation Instructions for the TNS 200 or TNS 300 for your vehicle - that shows exactly where the wires can be found. Are you connecting one of the full screen nav systems? If so, the Reverse signal goes to pin 1 of the 5 pin connector, and Vss goes to pin 3. I didn't bother connecting the parking brake signal and have found no problems.

Hope this helps.

• 3 years later...
I have just installed the Toyota Touch Screen Sat Nav into my Rav. On the old toyota head unit I could control the volume etc through the steering wheel, but this functionality seems not too work now!

Can this be done????

If not then.....I think I want a different steering wheel as the controls might start to annoy after a while if they do not work!

Ta,

Rich

Hi mate is this the same model as the `55plate rav 4? if so what sat nav unit did you fit and where did you get it from? cheers steve

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links