Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The New Yaris

breezer

Hi

i got told that the new yaris will be out November 2005. Is this true? Just someone said the other day that they probs havent even finished making them yet. Iv researched and found that the litre engines will be same (1L, 1.3, 1.5). Anyone got any idea what prices will start at?

Or any additional info or pix. I have a few but would like a few more to show my dad.

Thanks

Ian

Hi

i got told that the new yaris will be out November 2005. Is this true? Just someone said the other day that they probs havent even finished making them yet. Iv researched and found that the litre engines will be same (1L, 1.3, 1.5). Anyone got any idea what prices will start at?

Or any additional info or pix. I have a few but would like a few more to show my dad.

Thanks

Ian

bring out a 1.8 out i believe, or a 1.8 turbo.... or a 1.5 turbo... cant remember lol!

Yes it's out soon and shares some technology with Peugoet and Citroen's (from the looks of it the steering wheel is very similar to that in the C3) however a city car smaller than the new Yaris called the Aygo goes on sale soon and also has a Citroen and Peugoet variant.

1.8 turbo 4WD :drool: dont u listen to anythin i say :P

If that comes out (which I don't expect), no-doubt it'll be for our Jap lads only.. :(

Yes it's out soon and shares some technology with Peugoet and Citroen's (from the looks of it the steering wheel is very similar to that in the C3) however a city car smaller than the new Yaris called the Aygo goes on sale soon and also has a Citroen and Peugoet variant.

Oh no. What is up with Toyota? Peugoet Citroen are hardly the most reliable cars on the road. Yeah I accept the Aygo is going to have PSA technology in it but the new Yaris as well. Look at the K12 Micra developed with some Renault parts and look at some of the problems people have had with them. Yet another once great Japanese car comapany going down the pan.

Sorry

Rant Over.

I saw some pictures from a thread posted here some time ago .

I remember saying that I wasnt too sure about the new shape

I suppose it will grow on people . It would be good if they release the turbo

over UK and Europe . That will make the Yaris more up with the hot hatches out at the moment . It should do well provided that they dont loose the Toyota reliability

If they are collaborating with Renault and Peugeot , does that mean they might be cutting some costs and so make the cars a bit cheaper ? Dont Know ?

Im pretty sure that the only bit's they'll share with Citroen-Peugeot-Renault et al, are some design parts. I can't imagine toyota being daft enough to use french parts!

NO NO NO NO NO, only the aygo has anthing to do with PSA, the new yaris is a TOYOTA and should be out later this year, as for the engines they are kinda the same apart for the 1.0L which is a new engine

you know what will be a shame?

that from a cute, warm affordable hatchback..

the sport edition of the yaris will be "untouchable" by people like me..

i mean, the yaris t-sport was actually my top limit i could afford...

Im pretty sure that the only bit's they'll share with Citroen-Peugeot-Renault et al, are some design parts. I can't imagine toyota being daft enough to use french parts!

your probably right...

I cant see Toyota being stupid enough to build the cars in France - i mean, imagine the build quality issues...

oh wait a minute! :rolleyes:

But seriously for a second, i hope the new Yaris doesnt go the mini-MPV route like so many 'superminis'

I cant see Toyota being stupid enough to build the cars in France - i mean, imagine the build quality issues...

oh wait a minute!  :rolleyes:

I'm glad someone finally said that!

Maybe Toyota will show the PSA group how to design in build quality - there's nothing wrong with a French-built Yaris so the quality must be designed in further up that chain...

Stop panicking you lot and relax about cars not built in Japan... ;)

Alan

Is the Aygo a replacement for the Yaris? or will both models be launched

No the Aygo is the new baby Toyota city car and the Yaris will be its new bigger brother! :thumbsup:

Aygo is launched this year and the new Yaris either end of this year or beginning of next, depending on what you read..... :D Theres no set date for the new Yaris yet though from what I understand.....

Ah, but Yaris aren't techincally built in France... they're assembled there yes, but the parts are fabricated in Japan. So im told anyway!

Ah, but Yaris aren't techincally built in France... they're assembled there yes, but the parts are fabricated in Japan. So im told anyway!

That is true....

A stupid thing to do IMO..

oh.. welll :rolleyes:

this is kinda true, but a lot of the the bolt on parts are different from the jap yaris of early 2001 than those fitted to the French built ones e.g. a change from suppliers from denso to Bosch and so on. There are a lot of differences to be honest. it`s realy all down to the way the car is designed in the first place, cause they french built yaris shares the same parts suppliers as with all the main motor companys so its all down to design and how "A screw into hole D" and how ya put "B into C and fold over F" and so on.

this is kinda true, but a lot of the the bolt on parts are different from the jap yaris of early 2001 than those fitted to the French built ones e.g. a change from suppliers from denso to Bosch and so on. There are a lot of differences to be honest. it`s realy all down to the way the car is designed in the first place, cause they french built yaris shares the same parts suppliers as with all the main motor companys so its all down to design and how "A screw into hole D" and how ya put "B into C and fold over F" and so on.

My point exactly! :thumbsup:

Its not where a car is built, its how its designed to be built - minimising the opportunities for faults and mistakes.

Ideally, we would built all products from snap-fit injection moulded plastic parts that will only fit together one way! Trust me, designing stuff to go together and stay together is not easy task.

A

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links